IGNORED

Survey: Sustainability, Consumer Behaviour, and Cultural Significance in Music Technology

Hey folks,

I just signed up, and this is my first post in WATM. 

For my MA research and dissertation, I'm investigating how we as a community interact with our equipment, think about sustainability, and value it.

If you have 15-20 minutes, I'd appreciate it if you could fill out this anonymous survey. It explores our relationship with music tech in today's environmentally conscious world.

Your responses will help shed light on how the music tech landscape is changing. Here's the link:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YG33FX2

The sooner I can gather responses, the sooner I can begin writing my dissertation, so I'd appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks for considering it.

• Like 2
  • Burger 1

The above is true; thank you for the clarification. It's aimed at hobbyist producers, professionals, sound engineers, and anyone who uses hardware to make music 🙂

• Thanks 1

question 6 has a bug. it prevents the survey from being submitted. i'll not fill it out a 2nd time. 

using latest safari, apple silicon, MacOS sonoma 14.5

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, kakapo said:

q.5 is bugged

Hi, when you posted, I thought you meant 'bugged out' because of the question's content. You're the only respondent so far who has commented on Q5. I have made the internal settings so that each 'choose one' question has to be answered. Did you manage to get through the survey okay, though? 

8 hours ago, luke viia said:

question 6 for me, but yeah

Hi, Q6 has 'forced ranking', so you must pick one column for each. I've only set it up like this because this is my first research project, and it makes it easier to assess the data; I won't be creating such restrictions in future surveys. Again, you're the first to say it's bugged so far, but feedback has been logged! Thanks for the insight. 

6 hours ago, ignatius said:

question 6 has a bug. it prevents the survey from being submitted. i'll not fill it out a 2nd time. 

using latest safari, apple silicon, MacOS sonoma 14.5

Hi, mate, that's frustrating. The issue is the settings I put on Q6, meaning you must place one answer in each column. 

If you could have another go, I'd seriously appreciate it. 🙂

Hi again, everyone. I need 43 more respondents to answer all three parts of the survey and demographics section before I can begin analysing the results and writing. 

If you see this message and have not answered the survey yet, please do so. It would mean a great deal as I have limited time to write my dissertation. Thank you 🙂.