IGNORED

The Scratching track aka Drane3 --> Most overrated AE Track ever?

cern

Played for the first time at Barbican, has been played more times thru their whole live business since 2021. 
Have been featured in Seans max/msp video he uploaded and the scratching also been featured in Gescom project. 

The scratching track is really a sick tasty track! I mostly love the bouncy ball effect but the scratching part gets dull pretty quickly. 
For me it is like if they suddenly take an electric guitar to play some cords and make a big deal of it and it becoming the center of their show. 

Now Sean have been uploaded a soundcheck video, It is just a soundcheck but you can guess what track they tested.. 
T
Is the scratching track ever gonna see its end? 

What is the most overrated AE Track according to you? 

What is the most underrated AE Track according to you? 

i don't really agree that it's overrated, it's the material that precedes it that is underrated rather. i find their take on scratching to be very engaging, just love that 3D folding, twisting, psychedelic feel they give it. the sound of the scratching, way it's being utilized, and sounds being scratched also changes over the course of that leg of the set which keeps it interesting, not to mention the fact that there's a whole shifting and evolving musical backdrop along with those sounds making up the other 75% of sonic material for that stretch. it's as good as any other part of the 22- material imo.
yeah they've played it in like a dozen sets or so but that's not at all unlike how previous tours have gone. we should be grateful that this is their first tour where they've expanded on the material over time (by my knowledge), which has totaled to a whopping 4+ hours by this point.

Edited by windf0rce
  • Like 1

London B definitely got overhyped compared to the "A" sets. But "A" is pretty intense and overwhelming. "B" second half is groovy, for one thing, easier to follow along and stay engaged. That goes a long way when done so well and done by Autechre. Contrasted with the challenge of "A" set, it seemed even stronger. So it got all the hype and all the attention. I haven't listened to more than 2 bootlegs so I'm not aware just how many times that section/material has been revisited but I'm guessing a lot? Every time? Anyway I have no isse with it, I think it's fuckin awesome, but I also hope people will give "A" more of a chance because it is extremely rewarding.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cern said:

For me it is like if they suddenly take an electric guitar to play some cords and make a big deal of it and it becoming the center of their show. 

Actually I do kinda agree with this a bit though lol. But it works.

It adds a distinctively "human" element to the music, which gives a vague sense of relief 

Edited by toaoaoad