IGNORED

how many of you use hardware?

Guest aeser

i use whatever i can get my hands on

things like my computers, which are largely hardware

or my waldorf gear, which uses amazing software (and it only gets greater if waldorf decides to continue making new operating systems for the microwave)

i also use my brain when making music,

the question is; would you consider my brain hardware? it works alot like the machine code that my computer runs on (and after all - programming languages/code is hardware too, as it is nothing more than voltages running through certain circuitry)

...because the hands i use to control my gear sure are hardware..

Guest ReActor

When making music, just software. It caters for all my needs.

However, I use hardware regularly to record musicians, and sometimes cheekily sample said recordings for my own tunes.

Guest thisket

I do almost exclusively and treat my darlings like children.

I record with computers. I used to use a 303 emulator, but it felt mediocore.

lately i've found myself using hardware quite a bit. people seem to just leave all their equipment at my friend's studio so we just play around with their stuff. everything still goes into a computer though.. but its better than a year or two ago when i was pretty much completely clueless about hardware.

Guest greenbank

i ultimately use the computer for almost everything but i do like to take some of the sounds for a walk outside the case for a bit by playing stuff onto (shit cassette) tape and back, or through a room or whatever. for generation i often use a minidisc + mic or pickup coil or the occasional more interesting thing like circuit bent keyboard and my bbc micro but if someone took all that away and left me with just the computer (and amp + speakers!) then i wouldn't be that bothered. there are still a zillion things i haven't done that are possible with no additional hardware.

i don't have any reason for not using hardware other than cost - i don't have any money to throw around on expensive boxes that do a limited number of things. increasing the pallette of available sounds is always good but at the moment i'm only doing so with total junk i get for free or nearly free - no risk!

Guest HalfStep

I also do.

I'm actually strongly attached to hardware synths, mixing desks, effect units, rythm boxes and so on.

Guest 死んでく

For anyone who paid £500 for a Roland TR 808, let's laugh together at all the good times and memories we shared. Goodbye 808, oh look I have my £500 back after selling it. Wicked choons, I had the time of my life. 40 year old me looks back on choons, wow those were good times.

For anyone who paid £500 for one music software, let's cry together. The latest version of software was just released. How much can I sell this software for? 10p? Yes, it looks like 10p. Bad choons, I will pretend they were good to save face. 40 year old me looks back on old choons, oh god how could i fall for that awful fashion rubbish! !

For anyone who paid £500 for a Roland TR 808, let's laugh together at all the good times and memories we shared. Goodbye 808, oh look I have my £500 back after selling it. Wicked choons, I had the time of my life. 40 year old me looks back on choons, wow those were good times.

For anyone who paid £500 for one music software, let's cry together. The latest version of software was just released. How much can I sell this software for? 10p? Yes, it looks like 10p. Bad choons, I will pretend they were good to save face. 40 year old me looks back on old choons, oh god how could i fall for that awful fashion rubbish! !

Zole, are you trying to start something?

All software.

I use FL Studio and freeware, I paid for FL Studio once, they give lifetime free upgrades, meaning I don't have to deal with that bull.

Archived