IGNORED

joanna newsom - ys

Guest awkward

i think my opinion about this album is gradually changing, im beginning to love "emily" ..the sad bluesy part that evolves into something slightly jazzy and the the orchestral bursts and into "meteoroid/meteorite"..damn beautiful.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
emily's been my favourite since the very moment i first heard the meteorite/meteor/meteorid 'chorus'. it's incredible.

that single line made it for me too... the rest of the album is still exellent also.

Disc of the year I say.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest awkward

finally got this for xmas. gave it a couple of listen and didn't really connect with it. then i put it on today and bam. there it is. when it finished i started it up again. just takes a few listens to get into like all good albums. at first i thought the strings were a bit twee and overlush but its all fitting perfectly today.

my cd has this cardboard sleeve with the painting of her. i might chuck thataway coz its a horrible sleev. the plastic cd cover is nice though.

this album has so many moments that are almost tear jerking or spine tingling... on my way to work this morning, i was listening to sawdust and diamonds, and when she hit the third "ohohoh ohohoh desire" part towards the end of the track... some tears broke out.

Guest awkward

nice find.

i'm sad i missed her play live now. she played two nights here recently but it was before i'd heard the album so we didn't go. shame on me. shame on me.

it's that rare thing - an album i don't seem to be able to get sick of

i was listening to it this evening round a mates as chess music, and it still sets me off on a rant about how good it is.

Guest awkward

this is possibly the best album of the year indeed. i forget my other choices now and i definetely couldn't listen to them on repeat. but this may be a initial thing and not last/we;ll see.

• 4 months later...

Archived