IGNORED

2 versions of TCH ?

plisb

Just got to this forum (which btw is the first forum I've ever gotten to), and am I anxious to discuss this or what.

Haven't found a topic dealing with this subject so here goes;

I'm one of these downloadergeeks who don't buy ALMOST anything without having had a listen first, so I didn't buy TCH until 5 months later from when I first heard it. you can definetley say that I've had time to "get used" to the feeling of the album (fav.tracks being Sherbert Head & Slow this bird down..)

The CD I bought was nothing like the "internet-version" (as u might call it, since nothing is quite what it seems on the net ;} ) at all. And it was at that point when I could hear the more soft touch the CD I had bought, that I realized where all comments on "acoustic instrument sounds" came from. - cuz earlier reading reviews on the album I mostly didn't get wtf ppl were talking about saying for example @ chromakey Dreamcoat: "guitar loop placed over a hip-hop-infused drum pattern and a classic sepia-toned backdrop (http://www.themilkfactory.co.uk/reviews/boc_campfire.htm) - as "my" chromakey Dreamcoat is more of a dark melodic slow-techno track with a very very digitalized feeling, sampling something including "...I was kind of on my own..".

Just as these 2 songs differ as I speak of them above, the "two versions" of TCH as I see it differs from, one being quite soft (though ready to get serious @ mood etc. - as BoC are non-predictable) and "slow", to my first "version" which is so much more direct and distorted (however u may describe it) at times. I'd label one version as LIGHT and the other one as DARK (original thinking mhmm :} ).

Kinda' hard to describe, but what matters is that there two track-collections, both to me known as TCH, are VERY different from eachother, but BOTH show the feel of BoC, IMO.

Is "my" version considered a leak? I THINK I remember reading something about that around the time I first downloaded "it", but probably then not paying attention it. What is up with this? besides, what makes me think that "my" TCH is non-BoC, is the connection between the LIGHT-version's Daywan Cowboy and TransCHighway[which also is super supreme as "both" TCH-versions].

The existance of two versions among us would certainly explain the huge vareity of comments/reactions to the same songs, again IMO.

And even if "my" version is proven to be fake, I must say that whoever then made that music, is like my second hero of all time, being the maker of Slow this bird down (the version as I see it).

I think unless the tracklisting is different, it's really a matter of opinion on how a track sounds. There's no alternate versions of TCH other than the Japanese release, which contains a bonus track, McQuarie Ridge.

I think unless the tracklisting is different, it's really a matter of opinion on how a track sounds. There's no alternate versions of TCH other than the Japanese release, which contains a bonus track, McQuarie Ridge.

Yea I sure know about that, but my thought of an alternate version would be as in secret version - released simultaniously with the "real" one.

I mean there MUST be ppl who have made the same "mistake" as me ---- listened to both, that is ?

and no I'm not up for making this into some sort of 666-misread-topic - though the thought of 2 versions gets me excited ;)

I mean there MUST be ppl who have made the same "mistake" as me

YOUR MOTHER MADE A MISTAKE WITH YOU.

i'm so sorry. plz ignore.

what i really meant to say was, you probably got a leak full of other artists. happens all the time.

Guest Moebius

full length previews of all tracks are available on bleep. there's only one version, aside from the Japanese with the bonus track (the other tracks being all the same). the ones on bleep are what they're supposed to sound like.

what i really meant to say was, you probably got a leak full of other artists. happens all the time.

well. the thing is that the whole leak-version CD then are full of collaborates who sure have put some effort into creating an complete great all-together-sound, when every track fits the other one very nicely (not smoothing from one track to another that is).

I mean, I think I've had BoC plugged into my mind long enough to say that "my" version very well could be produced by them ( u know, as many ppl seem to have found the TCH a kind of wierd release). The sounds/filters/beats/samples are truly superb and I'd label them BoC any day..

I'll try to get something for your ears, my first version of Sherbert Head;

(or is this a totally different artist? PLESE then tell me, and I'm done with this jibberish for good (with another artist added to my cookie-jar))

well. the thing is that the whole leak-version CD then are full of collaborates who sure have put some effort into creating an complete great all-together-sound, when every track fits the other one very nicely (not smoothing from one track to another that is).

I mean, I think I've had BoC plugged into my mind long enough to say that "my" version very well could be produced by them ( u know, as many ppl seem to have found the TCH a kind of wierd release). The sounds/filters/beats/samples are truly superb and I'd label them BoC any day..

(or is this a totally different artist? PLESE then tell me, and I'm done with this jibberish for good (with another artist added to my cookie-jar))

hey, that sounds nice.. i don't think it's boc, someone's playing a hoax.

anyway, can you upload the whole thing?

absolutely not boc.

you really should be able to download the whole "hoax" from somewhere - as easily as I can find it here in sweden :-o .

here's the whole fake version then... grows darker after 1,5min approx. (only 128kbit)

you really should be able to download the whole "hoax" from somewhere - as easily as I can find it here in sweden :-o .

here's the whole fake version then... grows darker after 1,5min approx. (only 128kbit)

this is really good. do you have soulseek?

Guest Raddcliff

thats DEF not BoC. totally wrong sounds. but, good tracks none the less.

get soulseek, give us yer name and let us check out those tracks. not hurting anyone there as there are not real.

dunno why folks do this. they have great tunes and try to post them to hopefully get recognition under the BoC name. way to discredit yourself.

anyways...hook it up man. those samps are nice [but not the boc]

There were like 4 or even 5 complete The Campfire Headphase hoax-albums out there...

a lot of them consisted of Freescha tracks...

There is only one official retail album (excluding the Japanese version which includes one bonus track). All the rest out there is a hoax.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Moebius

one thing I've thought about doing "one of these days" would be to make a boc fakes page, listing all the known fakes and hoax versions with track lengths and samples. it'd be a great one-stop resource to point people to and weeding out the same old fakes.

sure is a great idea moebius.

as there's lots of great fakes too, I believe :]

or just ppl having some other person miscrediting them.

just to have a "songs that often referred to as BoC, infact being something else"-page

who'd make sure what real and what's not? marcus and mike? ;)

one thing I've thought about doing "one of these days" would be to make a boc fakes page, listing all the known fakes and hoax versions with track lengths and samples. it'd be a great one-stop resource to point people to and weeding out the same old fakes.

Excellent idea, theres too many fakes going around. We need some answers.

Archived