IGNORED

those akg headphones that yall rave about

YEK

my mom thought a pair of new headphones for music would be a good christmas present. i concur.

what's the name of those cans? the akg's? also, i know there are the pro and the regular ones right? i remember there being two similar models anyways... whichc ones are they and which should i get?

CHEEEEEEEEEEERS

AKG 240s is the ones you wanna get. They're radder than an adder. They're like the normal ones for both hi-fi listening an' regular day to day stuff (not like going for a poo, you know what I mean) but have an incredible sound quality

Bubba69: The AKG 240m is the one with the 600 ohm impedance, so yeah for regular use stay away from 'ee (unless you want to shell out for a headphone amp as well).

There really isn't much in them at all specs wise. Even for music creation I still say go for the 240s.

i'm reading around the internet that they are basically the best value headphones one can buy.

should i look into any other headphones specifically for music production?

i'm guessing around 200 american would be a good price range.

still very interestedin the akg's though, just want to keep my options open.

i would liek to know which headphones keef baker uses cause i remember hearing from him that he mixes everything with his pair of headphones and does not use speakers.... Keef, you out there?

sony mdr-7506 they sound like they are near perfect for monitoring

how do these compare to the akg's. they are closed headphones and the akg's are semi closed

some guy said that one should have closed headphones for monitoring and proper speaker monitors for mixing

Guest Shockerbrown

what a coincidence! i bought teh akg k141 studio yesterday. very good reference headphone for production. i also have the akg 501. also a very good headphone for watching movies etc but not for production imo. there's not enough bass.

but basically all the akgs are truly wonderful headphones! :ok:

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

what are the big AKG ones you always see aphex with?

i was musing about getting another pair myself... and i already have sennheiser and sony cans, so i think it's akg's turn.

hmmmm... you guy's really should try to convince me which pair i need (200 dollar price range)

if you are in a quiet place i recommend the 240's

if you are in a loud place i recommend the 271's

(for that price range)

Archived