IGNORED

Abelton question

Velazquez

is it possible to drop or record audio to the track and use something like a razor blade tool and chop the shit out of the audio ? and eliminate various part of aformentioned audio... ? thanks in advance

is it possible to drop or record audio to the track and use something like a razor blade tool and chop the shit out of the audio ? and eliminate various part of aformentioned audio... ? thanks in advance

which version are you using? 4,5,6?

in 6 you can use the instrument rack and go to live devices (the icon above the plugin's icon on the left). i believe you can cut samples up in sampler then you can drop whichever samples you want into impulse and tap it out via midi.

just get the audio you want to chop up and drag it into your arrangement page, and drag and drop samples.. and cut 'em up..

is there a 'razor blade" tool, how do you insure accuracy with the cutting

?

u can do what u want to do.

truth is you can do it in a variety of ways, use whatever you feel most a home with. that's the beauty of abe.

your machine becomes the instrument. play it to fuck.

Well I've beeen playing more and more w' abelton ... ( my back ground in software sequencing is in Reason) I've used Final Cut application for video editing for years and one tool i use a lot is something called a razor blade tool- where you can edit when a clip is on a video or audio track. My instinct wants to do these sorts of things in abelton put audio on a track and cut it up however I'm not really sure how to do that.

ctrl-e

Yes, zoom in, select what you want to get rid of at ctrl-e it, or ctrl-x if you want to cut it to the clipboard. If you don't want your selection to snap to the grid, try ctrl-4 to disable that particular feature. ABLETON - it has the words "ABLE TO" in it because you're "able to" do stuff with it. At least that is my hypothesis.

i can't be arsed learning a whole new sequencer, though i rewire it into cubase quite often for it's beat warping and synching... save spending hours micro tuning loops.

i'm sure it's going to fall over soon tho... it's barely legal, if at all.

Archived