IGNORED

computer generated voice

Guest KarakasaMusic

Here is how you make a Clavia Nord Modular say "Clavia!", as well as how it sounds.

post-211-1163509961_thumb.jpg

claviaspeech.mp3

that shit looks soo windows 98 and cheesy. how is it?

Edit: also if you are intrested i reccomen that you pick up a vocoder vst and learn how to use it, it's really not that hard, you can say anything you want in a mic and noone will ever recog ize your vice regardelss of how cheesy you may deem it to be

Here is how you make a Clavia Nord Modular say "Clavia!", as well as how it sounds.

post-211-1163509961_thumb.jpg

claviaspeech.mp3

that shit looks soo windows 98 and cheesy. how is it?

Well, its the editor for the Clavia Nord Modular. It's a little red box with a bunch of knobs on the front. I mean, it's a modular synth, so it's how ever you want it to be I suppose. you can do anything from use constants and logic functions to create fractally generated music to re-create classic synths to create new weird things.

Here's the tech page for it:

http://www.clavia.com/products/discontinue...r/technical.htm

About the only major thing it won't do is sample (well, not technically true... you can use a gigantic bank of control sequencers linked to the audio inputs to create a really really crunchy low bitrate, extremely short sample, but it's not terribly usefull or practical).

Also, the Nord Modular has a vocoder module you can use as well. Also also, you can build your own vocoder from component modules if you want to do something more specific that the 12 band one that comes as a module. At least I think its 12 band, Im at work right now so I don't have it with me.

Archived