IGNORED

Addative Synthesizers

i personally love the dark voodoo of fm synthesis

phase distortion synthesis

buncha namedroppers;)

i'm gonna pick up my k5000s today, i'm stoked. plus i'll be inside legowelt's lair for at least half an hour, i might try to nick a few of the vinyl masters of the upcoming albums on his Strange Life label..!

yeah, do it! then post on here....in fact, just knock him out when he lets you in and nick everything....

ha, no way. cause that'll mean that we won't have any new legowelt/smackos tracks, fuck that.

also, he probably only has crappy old antique gear like dusty casio's, obscure elka's and low-end roland crap;)

yo iep, pm me if you need a copy of the Sounddiver OEM software for the K5000, makes a nice windows GUI interface for programming it. Of course, it's still a bitch because it runs over MIDI, and the parameter names and values make no sense, but it's better than hunching over the LCD.

well i've just picked up the k5000s last night and i gotta say its a beast of a machine. very very comprehensive editing possibilities, just what i would expect from a highend additive synth. i spent all night programming it and i admit that it took me some time to wrap my head around it. not in the least because some push-buttons and the jog dial are kinda fucked, like sometimes the value that you're editing will increase when you turn the jog dial downwards or something. not a big deal & probably quite easy to repair by installing a new jog wheel/buttons. here's

a lil demo of a patch i've been cooking up. and thx alot mr. tftt, i pm'ed you my mail addy.

well i've just picked up the k5000s last night and i gotta say its a beast of a machine. very very comprehensive editing possibilities, just what i would expect from a highend additive synth. i spent all night programming it and i admit that it took me some time to wrap my head around it. not in the least because some push-buttons and the jog dial are kinda fucked, like sometimes the value that you're editing will increase when you turn the jog dial downwards or something. not a big deal & probably quite easy to repair by installing a new jog wheel/buttons. here's
a lil demo of a patch i've been cooking up. and thx alot mr. tftt, i pm'ed you my mail addy.

nice patch! do you use reaktor? one of my favorite ways to use the K5000 is to have random midi cc data being sent to every single CC (1-127). I have a patch i made specifcally for the K5000 to do this. let me know if you are interested

this was an experiment i did using mostly the technique i describe above. All K5000 sounds.

sure i'm interested, bring on the patch! that mp3 sounds pretty fckin good for just random cc malakery.

do you use any k5000 editors on your computer? i checked out a java editor which was decent yet messy, and i heard the sounddiver editor is pretty nice. i need a better way to edit this beast. its probably possible to set up a nice editor in reaktor, or in max (maybe using matrix-objects for graphical editing of the harmonic particles?).

• 4 weeks later...

Archived