IGNORED

recent purchases thread

Guest aquinas

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest headonist

I was in the neigbour city and traded CDs. Got back with me 65 euros plus these CDs:

Gong - Live 2 Infinitea CD

2000-l10.jpg

Miles Davis - Tutu CD

51Ej-Za2DzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Miles Davis - Sketches of Spain CD

Sketches_of_Spain___Miles_Davis.jpg

Miles Davis - Filles De Kilimanjaro CD

MD-FdK.jpg

vinyl:

dorothy ashby - afro harping

the tribe - a message from the tribe

detroit jazz composers ltd - hastings st. jazz experience

orchestre regional de mopti - les meilleurs souvenirs de la 1ere biennale artistique et culturelle de la jeunesse

claro intelecto - warehouse sessions vol 1 + 2 test pressings

black light smoke - switchback/black stripe; lovework/decisions 12"s

the claro intelecto and black light smoke purchases were total whims, but groupons got me all of that for around 50 bucks. pretty happy about it. that being said, i definitely don't plan on going to halcyon records in bk again.

when i asked the person working there whether they have any ghost box records stuff, she asked if it was a record label? ...then after looking it up on discogs or some dumb shit, she said they don't have any but has some suggestions for me to check out. she then walked me over to the "indie electronic" (lol) section, pulled out james blake's self-titled record and asked me if i've ever heard of him. NOPE

that being said, i definitely don't plan on going to halcyon records in bk again.

when i asked the person working there whether they have any ghost box records stuff, she asked if it was a record label? ...then after looking it up on discogs or some dumb shit, she said they don't have any but has some suggestions for me to check out. she then walked me over to the "indie electronic" (lol) section, pulled out james blake's self-titled record and asked me if i've ever heard of him. NOPE

I didn't like that store much either. The graffiti mural across the street was pretty nice though. I've yet to find a really nice record store in NYC.

Quiet Evenings - Intrepid Trips

R-2934683-1308069442.jpeg

Ordered this the other day. Their last three releases are all excellent.

Also:

Elm - Nemcatacoa LP edition

that being said, i definitely don't plan on going to halcyon records in bk again.

I didn't like that store much either. The graffiti mural across the street was pretty nice though. I've yet to find a really nice record store in NYC.

eh, other music, academy annex and permanent records are definitely my go-to trifecta. but i dont think i saw the graffiti mural! ...then again, i think i can live with not traversing to dumbo for awhile.

Guest headonist

Ashra - New Age Of Earth CD

NewAgeOfEarth.jpg

Thomas Köner - Nuuk CD+DVD (sold it at one point but regret it so now I'm buying it back!)

0001233594_350.jpg

Guest headonist

Meshuggah - Chaosphere CD

220px-Meshuggah-Chaosphere.jpg

Meshuggah - Destroy Erase Improve CD

61yRUZDp5nL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Meshuggah - Nothing CD+DVD

418154.jpg

Holy Other - With You

HolyOtherWithU.jpg

Brian Eno - Here Come The Warm Jets

brian_eno_here_come_warm_jets-2459351-1267276440.jpeg

Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues

artworks-000004505455-u23ggy-crop.jpg?2b64c8d

Brian Eno - The Drums Betwwen The Bells

Brian-Eno-Drums-Between-The-Bells.jpg

The Very Best of ELO

0000304694_350.jpg

The Very Best of John Cooper Clarke

51sM%2BhEkZoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

well shit, i have to be prepared to pay 2k in taxes and security deposit et al on a new apartment at the end of next month, but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cksqyPFs8FE

Eric Copeland - Waco Taco Combo LP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmG7FEjI0IQ

Eric Copeland - Puerto Rican 7"

51fY73Vem3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Eric Copeland - Whorehouse Blues 7"

Seriously guys, check out this guy from Black Dice. Really demented pop tendencies masked by NYC noise aesthetics.

Also:

alb_389670_big2.jpg

Various Artists - Willkommen Im Weltraum - Nostalgia For An Age Yet To Come LP (great comp. of retro electronics, very worth checking out.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWap6HL_WOI

Tomutonttu - Elavana Planeetalla LP

R-2052759-1304339281.jpeg

Amon Dude & The Hoopo/Nuslux - Split 7"

R-692010-1301441785.jpeg

Avarus - Kimi on Tintti CS

R-1074631-1190970251.jpeg

Various Artists - Kuolleena Haudattuja CS (All wonderful Finnish freakout shit, RIYL Kemialliset Ystävät et al)

Tangerine Dream - Force Majeure (clear vinyl)

R-1439704-1219833708.jpeg

Perry Farrell - Rev

51bU4kYCmOL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Laraaji produced by Brian Eno - Ambient 3 Day of Radiance (original CD cover)

51NT4W199AL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Underworld and Gabriel Yared - Breaking and Entering soundtrack

4b9e228348a04cc3ef85f010.L._AA300_.jpg

V/A - Café del Mar: Ibiza (w/ Underworld's "Second Hand" (aka the poor man's "Thing in a Book")

3c24eb6709a0e64eb1a73110.L._AA300_.jpg

Steve Reich - Music for 18 Musicians (old single track version) [do yourself a favor if you don't already have it and get the newer recording that's split into tracks. I'm sure it sounds better too. the female vocals are really bad]

5111XVWQWCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Tangerine Dream - Force Majeure (clear vinyl)

R-1439704-1219833708.jpeg

Laraaji produced by Brian Eno - Ambient 3 Day of Radiance (original CD cover)

51NT4W199AL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Steve Reich - Music for 18 Musicians (old single track version) [do yourself a favor if you don't already have it and get the newer recording that's split into tracks. I'm sure it sounds better too. the female vocals are really bad]

5111XVWQWCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Archived