IGNORED

Alberto Balsalm

Josso

Kind of wanted to do a video to this track for ages. I can never do it justice but at least I can try. First thing I've done with my new camcorder so it's kind of a test. Anyway, need some constructive feedback on this one - thanks guys.

Guest Caustic

i'd like to invent a device that allows you to record your thoughts into video or audio form.

because then you could make an Aphex Twin music video of the shapes,colours and textures you see when you listen to his music.

and that'd be sweet.

Anyway, need some constructive feedback on this one - thanks guys.

yeah, come up with a story, an idea, something that can be portrayed through video. I love this song and I have always been disappointed to see my favorite songs thrown behind footage of trees, moving cars, silhouettes, stuff with no real substance etc.. its like browsing for art and finding the same old sunset shots over and over. Don't be afraid to get creative, surely the song doesn't make you think of only THAT.

at least SOME of the boc videos made from the contest were pure in creativity

Yeah it definatly needs some idea behind it - a story of some sort. I'm never quite sure what to do for stories especially if there's no dialogue involved but I could work on it. Probably not with this track again but I'll try it out in future works.

Guest Thisket

I've always thought of a big industrial machine situated above the trees with a monorail that a big device rolls back and forth on and evry time that loud cruch-book happens a part smashes off or a TV screen pops.

Guest Caustic

makes me think of,you know,putting a camera on the front of a train and watching the footage of it speeding along the tracks during the evening and the Waaa Waa sounds in the middle is the sun setting.

So yeah,trains at sunset. im not very good with image descriptions. i mostly see colours and textures.

i say we start a list. a list of what each of us sees in each song.

it would be nice to get some creative thoughts going.

makes me think of,you know,putting a camera on the front of a train and watching the footage of it speeding along the tracks during the evening and the Waaa Waa sounds in the middle is the sun setting.

So yeah,trains at sunset. im not very good with image descriptions. i mostly see colours and textures.

i say we start a list. a list of what each of us sees in each song.

it would be nice to get some creative thoughts going.

90% of fanboys who make Aphex and BOC videos think its an original concept to point their camera into direct sunlight as a direct replacement for creativity.

I'm not joking, check youtube.

Guest Caustic
90% of fanboys who make Aphex and BOC videos think its an original concept to point their camera into direct sunlight as a direct replacement for creativity.

i know what you mean. that's why i said i want someone to invent a device that records thought.

then you could actually get creative with your thoughts instead just taking a camera and pointing at irrelevant things.

I didn't really like the font you used at the start or the opening shots of a local park or the abandoned building skate park place. I nearly turned it off then as I can see that anytime I go home and fancy a walk around the local council estate but it got better from there. You got some lovely shots in but some sort of story or even a simple theme linking them all is needed to keep the audience interested. I'd also recommend working on smoother camera movements when you pan across a landscape and would have been better if you cut to the next scene at certain points but all in all it was pretty decent. Got potential, keep it up mate!

Haha I have to admit, I was like "Yeah that'll look decent" when I was doing it.

I didn't really like the font you used at the start or the opening shots of a local park or the abandoned building skate park place. I nearly turned it off then as I can see that anytime I go home and fancy a walk around the local council estate but it got better from there. You got some lovely shots in but some sort of story or even a simple theme linking them all is needed to keep the audience interested. I'd also recommend working on smoother camera movements when you pan across a landscape and would have been better if you cut to the next scene at certain points but all in all it was pretty decent. Got potential, keep it up mate!

I wasn't quite sure what fonts to use or what shots to have at the start. The smoother camera movements is something I have an issue with, some of the days I was filming I didn't have a tripod with me - infact I don't even own one of my own can anyone suggest a good cheap one? I was actually thinking about theming it so it was following someone walking across the landscape with some kind of random ending but a lot of the time I was out on my own filming this. All useful - thanks.

Archived