IGNORED

Drill&Bass IDM tweaked drums.

Guest fazehans

*Buffer Overrider

cheers guys :)

does anyone know where i can download this little program??

destroyfx

download it, then never touch it. or you will be verbally abused.

Whats wrong with buffer override? Its just a repeater effect with X/Y control, and some modulators. Nothing special. Does what it does. Though it sounds kind of stupid.

Though it sounds kind of stupid.

use reason or other DAW-prog. and slice the MIDI, automate various FX and there you go.. will take some time, but youll learn my son.. youll learn!

Guest DNBJerk(s)
practice

thank you, there is nothing more better then the experiance of practice, i can not emphasise this idea enough.

practice make perfect.

if your aproach is not working try another aproach, this basicly go for anything you do, nothing is impossible

BULL! Practice makes habit.

One trick i really like to do is use a comb filter that borderlines on being a delay. modulating that with high feed back on beat to the track. Nice drill shit right there i tell ya what. Your brains will shit out their ass. Its wicked really. Also trackers are cool but they don't have the same character as a piano roll and slicer with mouse drawn velocities. So its not like a one tool does all type of thing. although I love trackers I don't use them.

• 2 months later...

as some of you mentioned using Fruity Loops as a slicer i did also had a try as it seems to complicated to do it with recycle i have a question regarding the slicing technique in FL:

how do i select a later part of the material i am sliceing? like for ex. i have a 3 minute wav and i want to slice the last 30 sec. instead of the first minute or whatever is default - how can i manage this without cutting the wave manually in audition before

because FL just always takes what comes in the first 1 minute or so by default

2. question: can i alter the amount of samples sliced? i case i want more than 124

as some of you mentioned using Fruity Loops as a slicer i did also had a try as it seems to complicated to do it with recycle i have a question regarding the slicing technique in FL:

how do i select a later part of the material i am sliceing? like for ex. i have a 3 minute wav and i want to slice the last 30 sec. instead of the first minute or whatever is default - how can i manage this without cutting the wave manually in audition before

because FL just always takes what comes in the first 1 minute or so by default

2. question: can i alter the amount of samples sliced? i case i want more than 124

could some give me a hint please :undecided:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest edge

If you like the drill sound try a tracker! they're fun and might look a bit nasty but they're good for that sort of lark. Actually you can do anything anything anything with a tracker if you practise. I mean practice. Some of them are free, too. That's worth mentioning.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest JW Modestburns
don't know about that (buffer overrider thing...), but i'm on a personal campaign to covince people to program their own breaks etc, so just get some drum hits and program them in something like Fruity Loops or Renoise...just fucking program 'em in any old how until you find something you like...

you can then save this, freshly programmed original break as a WAV file and import it into ACID Pro, or any other multitracker.

program a few more breaks in the same way and save them all as WAV's, then load 'em all into your chosen multi tracker and paste 'em in, cut 'em about, reverse bits here and there, mute bits in and out between the different breaks, pitch some bits up and down, automate random effects over the whole lot and you should end up with some pretty mentalist shit.

nice.

Yes, you can do some nice stuff like this but its never gonna sound anything like something that has a sampled break. It matters what your going for. I personally like the feel of a sampled shuffle.

don't know about that (buffer overrider thing...), but i'm on a personal campaign to covince people to program their own breaks etc, so just get some drum hits and program them in something like Fruity Loops or Renoise...just fucking program 'em in any old how until you find something you like...

you can then save this, freshly programmed original break as a WAV file and import it into ACID Pro, or any other multitracker.

program a few more breaks in the same way and save them all as WAV's, then load 'em all into your chosen multi tracker and paste 'em in, cut 'em about, reverse bits here and there, mute bits in and out between the different breaks, pitch some bits up and down, automate random effects over the whole lot and you should end up with some pretty mentalist shit.

nice.

Yes, you can do some nice stuff like this but its never gonna sound anything like something that has a sampled break. It matters what your going for. I personally like the feel of a sampled shuffle.

mc hammer agrees with you

Guest Chernobyl 2

something I've started doing is moving away from samples and into synths.

you might want to consider doing the same.

maybe not though.

after you put in a rythmn pattern, take a break, and come back later. edit it.

repeat until your satisfied.

maybe try Pure Data/Max, and make something generative.

Archived