IGNORED

Remix me

Braintree

I'm looking to get a remix done of this song:

http://sisforawesome.com/upload/files/5/Wi...%20Geometry.mp3

Just for fun, really. I have a .zip file for the song parts up here:

http://sisforawesome.com/upload/files/5/geometry%20remix.zip

Or if there's another song of mine you'd rather do, just ask and I'll make a .zip file for it.

Sorry if you mind the piss take, I was just having fun with some Buddy Rich drum solo samples I nabbed off of youtube so I did this little goof:

TFTT - Geometry(1 minute 42 Second Lesson in Recursion mix)

That's alright, take your time. I'm just happy some people are doing it :happy:

what did you compose with?

i'd rather work from the original file, have some midi to mess with and such

I did it with Fruity Loops. Would you like a midi file?

Guest Adjective

that or just tell me the notes used so i don't have to guess with my retarded tone deaf ears

Ten Fingers Ten Toes - Geometry (Rough Electro Edit)

Alright here's a rough electro cut. The mixing is horrible, there's some transitions that I'd like to do better, there's parts where the beat desperately needs some more variation on it, but I really wanted to get something out there because I haven't been getting anything out anywhere recently. Hope you like 808 beats and cradle rockin' bass. Also sorry about the short time on it (2:28). I think your melodiez put me in a chiptune state of mind and I wanna microsize everything.

yea, a midi file would save me a lot of wasted time. :beer:

:beer:

Those are sweet!

Here's the midi file:

http://sisforawesome.com/upload/files/5/geometry%20midi.zip

Let me know if it works properly. I've never tried exporting a midi file in fruity loops, so I'm not sure if it will work well. The bulk of the channels are drums.

It's really interesting to hear the drastically divergent approaches everyone took with this. Good fun. It's a great track to remix, at least to me, because of the stucture of the loops. It can be as simple or complex as you like. Also looped wavs are so easy to mess with in a tracker.

Those are sweet!

Here's the midi file:

Let me know if it works properly. I've never tried exporting a midi file in fruity loops, so I'm not sure if it will work well. The bulk of the channels are drums.

There is not MIDI :sad:

Perhaps you should go get yourself an analogue pitch to MIDI converter, Mr. All Analogue Outboard :teeth:

j/k

Those are some slick cuts, Adjective. Sounds ace so far. I love how all of these remixes sound completely different :happy:

Those are sweet!

Here's the midi file:

There is not MIDI :sad:

I'm not sure how to export it properly. If you use fruity loops, I could give you the file, and hopefully that will work.

im not sure how FL works, it's been a long while since i used it, but does it have a project manager like ableton? in ableton all i do is open the folder, lets say Geometry, and inside that folder is the track file and all the WAVs and MIDIs.

Are you talking about in the program files? I looked through there and didn't find any files for specific projects.

I've only inserted midi files into Digital Performer before, and I just took the one file, plugged it in, and it had all of the information. In FL, to export midi you just go to file --> export --> midi. But the thing is, to export a .wav or .mp3, you have to have it set to export the song mode or the just the one loop. I chose the song mode for the midi since it sounded like the most logical thing, but sounds like it doesn't work.

Archived