IGNORED

DUBSTEP::::::::::

Atop

Guest Soothsayer

ironic you say that...

On the SMAK comp, there are tracks from a dude called Geiom, and I'm almost positive it's the same dude

edit: with that said, I almost see Geiom as the missing link between Shackleton and the Hot Flush sound, I dig it, but I wish it had a bit of a rougher edge...

Edited by Soothsayer

i definitely hear a shackleton/appleblim thing going on, an indebtedness to shuffley techno.

could be right there

actually, as i listen, verging on cheese in places. it's as frequented a ditch as the 'relentlessly dark' one.

Edited by kaini

Yes, that's the same Geiom. He also released an album on City Centre Offices as Kamal Joory. I like Island Noise. It's like turn of the millenium electronic music meets dubstep. Still like "Feel So Bad" better than anything on the album though.

Had totally lost interest in dubstep until I heard Pinch - Qawalli: best yet Id say.

Got really into the new Burial album, I love it almost as much as I hate the vocals on the new Pinch LP

Had totally lost interest in dubstep until I heard Pinch - Qawalli: best yet Id say.

there was a track very similar to Qawalli, long before dubstep existed, or rather before it was called dubstep.. i wish i could remember what it was

there was a track very similar to Qawalli, long before dubstep existed, or rather before it was called dubstep.. i wish i could remember what it was

massive attack remix of nusrat fateh ali khan?

(who pinch has sampled)

jimbob, welcome :angry:

Geiom is the shiz!

Sellotape Flowers and Magic Radios are great fucking records.....

the electronic music qualities he is a master of translate perfectly to his dubstep.....

Pole, Boxcutter and Bass Clef come to mind as other electronic music/dub masters.....

can't wait for the Barry Lynn (Boxcutter unmasked) release next year!

i think EVERYone has it. and i don't just mean dubstep people. martin clark (blackdownsoundboy, best dubstep/grime blog going) says djs in every genre were hammering it in ibiza this year, lol

this is lol

klaxons - not over yet (skreamix)

cover of an old rave tune covered by a shit nu-rave group.

ollie then tacks on synthpop stabs and a filthy bassline.

pure cheese. i am quite fond of it.

that kromestar track has almost prefuse-esque edits

sounds like kromestar bought an mpc

Edited by kaini

Guest Soothsayer
'night' by benga is the top dubstep track of teh last few months. who wants it

ha, I posted it up in this thread 2-3 pages ago :D

such a wonderful track

edit: That's why I love that track, kaini, it's using samples as a base instead of synths. Almost like Akufen-dubstep(my goodness what a perfect concept) :D

kaini, post up Benga's "26 Basslines"!!! :D

Edited by Soothsayer

fuck man I fell out with dubstep and now it seems I've missed a year of good releases. Do the best of please! just nothing with MCs on because thats what ruined it for me in the first place. That and I'm sure you'll agree if you go to a lot of nights:

Lets have a rewind!!!

lets fucking not

haha, i kinda like rewinds, except if there are like 4 rewinds on the same track. that's stupid. skream did this when i saw him.

a few days ago i saw mala with sgt. pokes. i was really afraid that pokes will ruin everything, i always hated MCs, not only in dubstep but also in dnb. well, sgt. pokes ended up being the highlight of the night, despite mala dropping an incredible mix. i really really liked him. too bad the soundsystem wasn't adequate :(

haha, i kinda like rewinds, except if there are like 4 rewinds on the same track. that's stupid. skream did this when i saw him.

a few days ago i saw mala with sgt. pokes. i was really afraid that pokes will ruin everything, i always hated MCs, not only in dubstep but also in dnb. well, sgt. pokes ended up being the highlight of the night, despite mala dropping an incredible mix. i really really liked him. too bad the soundsystem wasn't adequate :(

forgot to say shit soundystems as well. the most ridicolous thing was FWD at the END, the soundsystem couldnt deal with the music so it ended up sounding shit and make things better who ever the sound guy was decided to turn up the mcs up and the djs down. I didn't mind them at first it took like a year for them to really start to grate me

Rewinds just totally murder the atmosphere its like everyones happy dancing the djs done a good mix, then the mc decides he wants a rewind so the dj scratches back starts the track from the beginning with no mix in and plays what you've just heard

Guest Soothsayer

If you have a true dubplate, some shit noone's heard before and you're really trying to get mf's to recognize, imo, that is *the* only time a rewind should ever be used...

I'd love to find a good mc down in my area to spit over mixes, have a different vibe for a dubstep mc(plus, I prefer American mc's, always).