IGNORED

Ladys and Gentleman

Also, I have midi now, but Im having a strange issue with it and Renoise (Notes down to C-4 play ok, below C-4, the octave jumps up, like C-3 plays as C-6, C-2 plays as C-7, etc..). Ill post something up soon. Just playing around with it still. It's really easy to fall into a "lets sound like AFX" pitfall with it too.

It's probably the most fun musical gadget I've ever played with, actually. It's like endless hours of tweaking entertainment. As far as using it in music, so far it's all been sampling it. It has a very unique trapezoidal waveform. There's no way for its LFO to Sync to much of anything so it's really hit or miss if you aren't sampling.

grower pattern

ok, well, j ust understand I'm just playing around with it right now, here's just a meandering pattern, combined sine/saw/pulse pad sound with an envelope modulating the cutoff, went from a vert subtle FM to just an LFO tremelo on the pitch at the end, made possible by the combo Osc/LFO modules (so you can go from doing FM with a musical oscillation rate to doing an LFO tremelo with just a turn of a dial).

I'll post more soon.

EDIT: dur link

Just some cheeseball acid line - showing off the filter somewhat, the reso is very playful, almost bubbley

More of the same with a slightly more electro feel - See some inverted filter mod envelope action in here.

Drums are cheeseball Korg DR55 samples compressed to bolivion.

EDIT: Fixed these two links :P damn caps. EDITEDIT: These two seem to be broken, js

how much has this little setup cost you so far?

Well, technically nothing, since this is a gift from my wife. But, the entry plan (which after completed is what I have here) is $120 for 12 months (although you can pay ahead which is what she did). So, $1440.

Archived