IGNORED

Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank

encey

Do they give Marr's guitars any real presence in the mix?

Is it getting to polished for MM?

Is Isaac Brock becoming a caricature of himself?

Do the songs all sound the same?

Guest Morgan Dunn

it sounds to me like they're jumping the retro bandwagon same as muse. id like to hear more 'the moon and antarctica' type stuff

it sounds to me like they're jumping the retro bandwagon same as muse. id like to hear more 'the moon and antarctica' type stuff

I really like that one and Everywhere and his Nasty Parlour Tricks

Guest Ron Manager

i havent listened to this, heard some of the songs live from this show i downloaded recently, they didn't sound too bad. the lonesome crowded west and moon & antarctica are two of my favourite albums, i love modest mouse.

Guest mooncup

phew

not heard anything from mm except moon and artartica which i think is brilliant. never wanted to hear anything else tho oddly.

downloaded the 1st single "dashboard" awhile ago and listened to it once. not that great. sounded more similar to the "good news" era polished material than their more raw indie emo western stuff. I hope there are better tracks to come from this album.

Guest Glass Plate

their best album is a long drive with nothing to think about, if you think moon and antartica is, then I hate you, faggot.

Guest Yes/No/Black/White/
their best album is a long drive with nothing to think about, if you think moon and antartica is, then I hate you, faggot.

no.

the lonesome crowded west.

just picked this up. first impression is that it's better than good news for people who love bad news, but not as good as anything else they've done. marr's guitar parts are easily identifiable, because they don't sound as twangy or sloppy (in a good way) as isaac brocks.

also brock is sounding much more like tom waits than ever before.

Im not sure if I get these guys. Some one in an art class i took played one of their songs and i wished i had earplugs.

What should I listen to by them?

Guest Ron Manager

the moon and antarctica is an incredible album, but the first one i loved was lonesome crowded west.

this is a long drive.. is a good album and has some great tracks but is nowhere near as cohesive as the aforementioned two.

yeah, long drive is great but only for like six songs

i actually like this new album. it's sooo heavily produced, but there are some cool guitar parts on there and nieat melodies sometimes. niet. neat.

• 2 weeks later...

promo copy of this landed on my desk today.

should i bother removing cellophane...or just chuck it on ebay as new?

I really like that one and Everywhere and his Nasty Parlour Tricks

if you like those, have you listened to brock's ugly casanova album? it was released a year after parlour tricks and has a similar backwards guitar, hillbilly type feel. it has lots of sad songs though.

Guest Ron Manager

mmm ugly cassanova indeed. "things i don't remember" is one of the best tunes he's written.

Archived