IGNORED

two new tunes

BCM

Guest yan_g

phalemgik - like the darkish rephlexish vibe, reminds of afx a lot indeed. one of my fave track by you so far.

fj.2 velo - very slow progression (not a problem), like the dissonances @ 2:00, reminds of astrobotnia.

Guest tht! tne

phalemgik: good but sounds pinched.

not pinched as in stolen but actually

pinched because of the short attacks

and high frequencies. not that its bad.

awesome pic lol.

phalemqik was quite bran-y indeed. i like the bass thing going on alot, feels sort of wood thumpy. nice idea with all short attacks, it does feel pinched like tht!ine said. lovely 808(?) distorted hihats later on, even thouhg it' feels a little TOO aphexy with the pulse thing in there. but its a lovely sequence actually.

I didn't really like FJ.2. i like the kick. but in general it feels too random for my tastes. production is pretty nice in both, loud and lovely.

Guest qasydim

Both of these tracks sound really good, only criticisms are:

on phalemqik although the drums are upfront they sound a little bit passive, im not really sure how else to describe it.

and on fj.2 velo you should try working on some of the frequencies of each sound, to give the track a more overall sense of coherency, like maybe bring in some more mid range frequencies.

Very cool tracks.

First track reminds me a lot of ICBYD probably the reverby cuts that happen every once in a while which I'm a fan of. I enjoy this track but it may be a bit harsh. It hurt my ears a little but that may have more to do with having my headphones on and the volume a tad too high.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You know how trey parker and matt stone make parody music of different genres of music for southpark, but its always spot on, but tongue in cheek at the same time? This seems like what they would make if electronic music were on southpark.

You know how trey parker and matt stone make parody music of different genres of music for southpark, but its always spot on, but tongue in cheek at the same time? This seems like what they would make if electronic music were on southpark.

you can fuck right off

I wasnt intending to hurt your feelings. The songs are good.

it's cool - i was only being reactionary for a laugh.... :flower:

phyligigmaning

lol. glad you liked it though dude! put it on yer mp3 - go on, live a little.....

it would never compete with ravel or scriabin im afraid.

i basically only listen to classical again now, ive been completely drained of my interest in electronic music after a year. i still quite like listening to EKT now im writing my own stuff.

i am an awful listener of music because i listen to everything from the perspective of performance. i think this is why i hate ambience stuff so much even though i like the sounds created.

i go every week pretty much, not to illegal raves but to big house/techno clubs anyway.

nah there isnt a great deal of music i can listen to as an activity in itself,basically just piano, gabba hardcore and phystrance, but there is much more music that i will enjoy like while i am reading, or sitting off gettin wrecked with mates and that.

Archived