IGNORED

who of you smelly crusties are going to Glade

Guest Jimbob

Yeah it would be nice to bump into some of you guys and hopefully sit and have a beer in a nice sunny field instead of some grimy London club! It's not a huge festival and I'm sure we'll all be in the Overkill for most of it so odds are good :)

Squarepusher live is good but I've seen him so many times now that I sort of know what to expect... not to say it won't be good, but I can't see how there can be too many surprises. Fuck it, if he plays Tetra-Sync I'll be happy with that!

No doubt, the brief conversations Ive had with you have always been while pretty wasted trying to shout over booming music. It'd be quite novelty to understand what you're saying! I will definitely be spending the majority of my time in Overkill and its any easy festival to find people.

I know what you mean about Squarepusher, but it's the chance to hear the music loud (not normally loud enough tho) and the possibility of hearing some new tracks. The first year he nailed it, then the second year seemed like an introduction to Squarpusher for beginners. Gots to be hardcore

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right. We'll i'm going glade, hopefully with three mates too so it should be a proper laugh. If I recognise any WATMMers there I'll say hello, but not tell you who I am so that you know who I am.

Guest blutac
Also could someone give me an update on whats been happening in watmm style music/culture in the last 3 months. Any really good albums or a date on the next aphex release?

I give one simple request and no one bothers to tell me theres a luke vibert subforum!!! You guys are shit

Guest boki
Right. We'll i'm going glade, hopefully with three mates too so it should be a proper laugh. If I recognise any WATMMers there I'll say hello, but not tell you who I am so that you know who I am.

Wouldn't we be able to figure that out by a process of dedcution, ie the one who doesn't tell us who (s)he is is Vytryol'c?

Wouldn't we be able to figure that out by a process of dedcution, ie the one who doesn't tell us who (s)he is is Vytryol'c?

Are you going to go round the entire site asking? :huh:

Guest boki
Are you going to go round the entire site asking? :huh:

Not necessary:

Seen (innit)?

Did you go to that Snares gig in Leeds by the way? Bit good, wannit?

Guest butane bob

You know when you're sitting out under a tree in the sun, right?

And every few minutes, somewhere in the distance, you hear a *pssscchhhhhh*.

That's what I love about the Glade.

Well, I'm a she if that narrows it down at all.

turns out my mate who moved down south is working for a paintballing place whose owner also owns this year glade space, got given a bunch of free tickets and my mate had enough to dish me one out. noice. means ive got someone to go with also

One month to go!!! :yeah:

Mega looking forward to this, seems to be affecting my concentration span somewhat, all I can think about is stomping around a massive field full of weirdos, listening to great live music and escaping responsibility, work and the real world for 4 days! Hopefully we'll have more of the fantastic weather we've come to expect from the festival.

Since Autechre were only announced once we'd arrived last year do you think we can expect another high profile addition to the line up this year?

There were rumours flying round about them from around March/April but they weren't officially confirmed until we got there.

Not sure about any more additions to the line up this year but it would be cool to have a nice surprise when we get the programme thing!

Cool, I thought I might be going soft in the head... Things always seem to change a bit on festival line ups when you get there, I just hope if there are any they're positive changes, don't want to lose anyone decent of the list.

Do you guys know they've got an appeal against the noise restrictions the day prior to the festival?

Do you guys know they've got an appeal against the noise restrictions the day prior to the festival?

I didn't, no....hope they can sort it though as the levels do seem pretty damn low. I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that the sound levels will be monitored and if they continually break the licence stipulations it's over?? :huh:

Archived