IGNORED

recent Classics & SAW reissues... how do they sound?

Guest Kibreg

Guest Kibreg

Anyone here checked out the recent R&S remasters of Classics and SAW? Curious as to how they sound compared to the originals...

I asked this when they came out, and had no response to my best recollection. I would assume they were struck from the original plates. I'm also going to change the topic title to 'reissues', since it's a bit misleading since we're not sure if these are remasters or not.

Guest Kibreg
I'm also going to change the topic title to 'reissues', since it's a bit misleading since we're not sure if these are remasters or not.

well both of the new records have "200 REMASTER" written on the front cover... don't know why they'd lie about that.

Guest Kibreg

theres no question that both those 2006 R&S reissues are REMASTERED... I don't know why joyrex changed the topic title

Guest hexagonsun

I purchased the remastered SAW 85-92 through WARP.

The amatures sent me classics remastered the first time, and since I'm in the US I didn't get SAW until a month later.

It was well worth the wait though. The remastering did take a lot of the tape hiss out and therefore other sounds come through clearer.

noticeable improvement for sure

Guest combatvet101

I also got a copy of the remastered SAW 85-92 on vinyl, and it is a greater improvement over the original release.

There was some discussion a while back saying that the production is a unique part of 85-92 - I'd kind of agree with them but if it's been done REALLY well I think you can still keep the unique feel of the music and take away the bad qualities.

Archived