IGNORED

fluorescent grey 2 new tracks

awepittance

Guest geographyhorse
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=56347201

the 1996 is actually 10 minutes long and cut down, the back 242 one is still a little rough

1996 is pretty good. You say its got an acid-ish sound, but I have to disagree. I'm actually kinda happy it isn't 303 or whatever-ish.... just alittle tired of all that floating around. 1996 didn't really give me that vibe and I'm happy it didn't. It actually sounds sorta new-ish. Good work.

sweeeeet!

let me know your thoughts on the 1996 one, its my first attempt at quasi acid. kind of a fusion of what beaumont hannant & cylob might sound like collaborating together

I was going to ask who your inspiration was for this track??? Now, that you mention it, it is sorta Cylob like....... :beer:

the 1996 is actually 10 minutes long and cut down, the back 242 one is still a little rough

1996 is pretty good. You say its got an acid-ish sound, but I have to disagree. I'm actually kinda happy it isn't 303 or whatever-ish.... just alittle tired of all that floating around. 1996 didn't really give me that vibe and I'm happy it didn't. It actually sounds sorta new-ish. Good work.

sweeeeet!

let me know your thoughts on the 1996 one, its my first attempt at quasi acid. kind of a fusion of what beaumont hannant & cylob might sound like collaborating together

I was going to ask who your inspiration was for this track??? Now, that you mention it, it is sorta Cylob like....... :beer:

thanks, it was kind of more acid inspired. the way i composed the track was setup a bunch of drum machines and synths together and just did a bunch of live tweaking. what you are hearing is a condensed version of a 1 hour jam session. my friend Steven frenda comes in on a couple of the parts to do live keyboards. Let me know what you think of the other track back 242, that one is not live more of a deliberate composition

Guest geographyhorse

sweeeeet!

thanks, it was kind of more acid inspired. the way i composed the track was setup a bunch of drum machines and synths together and just did a bunch of live tweaking. what you are hearing is a condensed version of a 1 hour jam session. my friend Steven frenda comes in on a couple of the parts to do live keyboards

More props to you then..... it really sounds kinda planned and worked out. You must be pretty fucking good at tweaking those machines mang!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Promo

Not sure if I'm getting all the flow of '1996 electronic music flashback'. Yeah just felt the pads were a little tepid. Fairly nice start notes if a little too obvious. Overall decent and interesting sort of production but I wouldn't say it really floated my boat. I dunno I just think there are too many ideas happening in this track for me to really get my nut around it. I gotta admit I wouldn't have the first clue how to do something this mental though.

'Back 242' reminds a shit load of Praxis. I'm assuming you've heard '1984'. Yeah I'm digging 'Back 242' ... definitely my bag. Electro Grandmaster DXT in effect.

1984.jpg

hahah damn, holy shit. i think you tried adding me on myspace once, as i remember that name and how at the time i had never heard of it before.

the time meets front 242 has the rawness of groove element going, but it seems a bit aimless... the "if you had a woman that fine you wouldn't know to do with her" mentality that i spoke of a few posts back, as it seems to get more manic and built up by 2:23 but in terms of the big picture it hasn't really done anything but run in place on a treadmill.

on hte 1996 electronic music flashback one, it seems sufficiently epic, but at roughly 3:01 flipping the switch to the other part of the track was awkward... it just blindsided me without science and caused me to scratch my head. it sounds/feels like an old man oohing or something.

this is when i notice it's 10:36 for the whole of the track. i hear a little tingy loop adding into the amalgamation and it's like ummmmm, next part at 4:17 like some serious quasi-piano sound comes in to lead, but then it gets depressed and moody and tapers off to running along side the tinkering little airy tiddly beat that must be getting tired. this is like the fury of a musicbox in terms of the beat itself, methinks.

i skip ahead to 6:02 and it's like a whole different track. it's darker with a video game roll near the end of the measures, and it's stomping and marching. for me, even tho there's nothing that oh-my-gods me, this overall feel works better for me. by 6:40 i'm skipping ahead again th0... i detect no change til 8:09

this feels more like an old rave-esque "live PA" or something. i guess if i were to judge it as so it's of a pedestrian/working-class quality as it does what it's supposed to do, but it doesnt do it in any sort of a way that will likely be memorable with me. shrug.

the time meets front 242 has the rawness of groove element going, but it seems a bit aimless... the "if you had a woman that fine you wouldn't know to do with her" mentality that i spoke of a few posts back, as it seems to get more manic and built up by 2:23 but in terms of the big picture it hasn't really done anything but run in place on a treadmill.

on hte 1996 electronic music flashback one, it seems sufficiently epic, but at roughly 3:01 flipping the switch to the other part of the track was awkward... it just blindsided me without science and caused me to scratch my head. it sounds/feels like an old man oohing or something.

this is when i notice it's 10:36 for the whole of the track. i hear a little tingy loop adding into the amalgamation and it's like ummmmm, next part at 4:17 like some serious quasi-piano sound comes in to lead, but then it gets depressed and moody and tapers off to running along side the tinkering little airy tiddly beat that must be getting tired. this is like the fury of a musicbox in terms of the beat itself, methinks.

i skip ahead to 6:02 and it's like a whole different track. it's darker with a video game roll near the end of the measures, and it's stomping and marching. for me, even tho there's nothing that oh-my-gods me, this overall feel works better for me. by 6:40 i'm skipping ahead again th0... i detect no change til 8:09

this feels more like an old rave-esque "live PA" or something. i guess if i were to judge it as so it's of a pedestrian/working-class quality as it does what it's supposed to do, but it doesnt do it in any sort of a way that will likely be memorable with me. shrug.

thanks for the very detailed criticisms, i will take them into consideration. The Live PA thing is pretty accurate, because this is a raw live track that has merely been edited together. It was a 1 hour long jam session condensed to 10 or so minutes. A picture of me doing this jam is actually my new myspace avatar. Thanks for listening!

Archived