IGNORED

I love EKT: favourites of 2005

springymajig

I love Cubus... good music from them this year, especially Jo's last two.

Also, Forlon, the ep on Sii was very nice.

I was also quite impressed with Phasic's Strange Communications EP.

Viewframe's 'Requis' is a lovely piece of ambient...

FETALoil's 'Maybe Song' is quite lovely as well.

Modex's Pause Button Logic EP was great as usual, Cube Logic slowly became one of my favourite songs ever... I really do love it

all things from sii. (dreamt ep, slightly delayed ep and i've got friends and not afraid to use them)

vertical hold ep - from retropublik...was great to see so many varied interpretations of one bunch of samples from watmmers.

most of the EOD/EAP acid stuff. business.

Dead Eros - Life in the world of existence (im sure it was late and didnt come out until jan 05?)

few of the Project168 eps - including Acid Hooligan, Tauboo and a too many other good ones of note to mention.

that latest Cubus EP really blew my mind.

been loving the hell out of the efforts from both Mrs. Jynx and Mavis earlier this year.

i've even really been diggin' Grasshoppas latest stuff, and i never used to like it all that much, but he's doing something quite unique i think.

Brian Ellis, Loafeye, Forlon, Dorian Concept, Milieu, and qp are consistant quality.

i wish Mosca would post more.

milieu - stray trains

mosca - acid holligan and vertical hold remixes

forlon - slightly delayed

fieldtriqp - people damage

there are a bunch of other releases that i love from wordsalad, brtlmn, while, astroid powerup... but they don't post here.

Plantre/Luke/Meadows & Labyrinths(sp?)/Plants and Animals

well, thanks. but just so you know, Plants and Animals is a jazz band, so i will never be using that name. it's why i changed it to m&l in the first place.

as for Plantre, i have no clue. i will probably abandon that one.

and Luke is just my real name.

:D

Guest th'owin

Earvalve - Scare Tactics

Dissolved - Incendiary Eye Season

Fieldtriqp - eidolon/people damage

EOD - EAP #3

/\ Were my favs, although I have a backlog of stuff to listen to including new jaffa, mosca and max marlow that might enter the list. and many more that I have enjoyed but can't remember.

well, thanks. but just so you know, Plants and Animals is a jazz band, so i will never be using that name. it's why i changed it to m&l in the first place.

I know, I read the thread on Earstroke.

Besides, I was stating ALL of those names mostly so that other people knew who I'm talking about.

Data Language Systems - First Electronics

Mrs Jynx - (1) Preston Pink Drinks, (2) Sleepy, (3) Kites 2 - Big fan of the old Jynxy

G.I.Ruff - Pianoups

Lo-fi (most of his bizarre crazy tunes)

Awepittence - Mortal Kombat tribute song

Greenbank (that sick acid tune he did)

Mavis (can remember the name but the tune was sick probably my fav this year)

Fav tunes this year specially from what I can remember would be.

1. Greenback (some acid tune)

2. Mavis (can't remember but damn good tune)

3. Data Langauge Systems - First Electronics

4. Awepittence - Mortal Kombat tribute song

probably loads of others but these are the people and more specifically the tunes which stood out for me

Ah yes Millieu was good too.... I've also been enjoying Assymetrical Head's stuff recently but I'm pretty sure none of the stuff of his I've been listening to is from this year. But deserving of mention anyway!

Also:

Dissolved - Manga Hair (awesome song) and the album Secrets of the Leipoderist (sp?) even though it was all old songs... a great album

Tendrils of Emptiness - So Much for Today (everything you do is awesome man.. make more music!)

Skytree - Dagda EP

Archived