IGNORED

drum and bass for papa

pcock

is it not quite strange that this album was released 11 years ago, yet is easily the most coherent and perfectly formed music hes written. every tune works ingeniously, workin well more like classical music, building up to climax points within each piece, building and ebbing away inbetween, and completely sacking off the form of repetition that hes used on every other work of his that ive heard, which is like a good 7-8 albums.

seems wierd he never went back to his skills in writing a geniunely fascinating and original form to write drum and bass music in, could easily have been transfered to other styles aswell, instead of going back to his nearly constant 4 bar repetetion musics.

Guest earlgrey
is it not quite strange that this album was released 11 years ago, yet is easily the most coherent and perfectly formed music hes written. every tune works ingeniously, workin well more like classical music, building up to climax points within each piece, building and ebbing away inbetween, and completely sacking off the form of repetition that hes used on every other work of his that ive heard, which is like a good 7-8 albums.

seems wierd he never went back to his skills in writing a geniunely fascinating and original form to write drum and bass music in, could easily have been transfered to other styles aswell, instead of going back to his nearly constant 4 bar repetetion musics.

Yeah, it's a good Vibert album. I most enjoy the first 4 tracks from the second disk of my 2cd version, from his first Plug EP (I think...). It's interesting reading the liner notes to his collaboration with BJ Cole, it appears that Cole wanted to collaborate with Vibert after hearing DnBFP but the resulting mess has little of the charm and attention to detail of that record.

Guest rehoboth soul orchestra

a drum and bass bluegrass album would be something else.

i agree that drum n bass for papa is some of viberts finest

Guest tht! tne

i like yosepH better

something about the timbres on dnbfp and the plug eps get on my nizzerves

• 11 months later...

Archived