IGNORED

Headphones

Guest Noel Edmonds

Guest Noel Edmonds

Sorry if there is already a thread, sure there must be but i couldn't find it.

Basically, in a nutshell, I don't know much about technical terms for impedance and ohms and gold plated cables and what have you. I'm painfully aware when i have a pair of shit ones on my head, but i cant tell from words on a webpage which are good and which not. I want headphones which are:

-good sound quality (especially able to handle bass reasonably well- without clipping madly)

-suitable for monitoring my tracks on

-reasonably portable and hardwearing

-not going to crush my ears after a few hours wear

- cost less than 50 quid, or as cheap as possible

or a good compromise between these factors, with sound quality and price most important

any ideas?

you arent gonna get anythin brilliant for 50 like. if you want them for monitering find yourself some AKG 240s for like 65 quid. doubt youl regret it.

I'm gonna have to agree with felch. For 50 quid you aren't going to find much.

This is a good website that has a buying guide that works for various constraints (such as application being monitoring):

http://www.headphone.com/guide/

This is roughly around your price range that you listed:

http://www.headphone.com/guide/by-budget/80-150/

You could probably get some reasonable Senheissers for under £50 but if you can stretch just that likkle bit more do as Felch suggested and get yourselves some AKG240s' (note NOT AGK240m's) as they're ace and tick all yer above boxes.

Guest Noel Edmonds

240s are getting pretty good press here. I'm pretty skint the now, but i dont want shitty phones either... £15 is not too much to stretch over my budget... I've looked into and ive not found a single bad review of these headphones... hmm.

thanks guys :smile:

edit: great sites btw acid, cheers man

I'd normally say Sennheiser, but at this price I'd say go for an AKG set

52 quids will get you a pair of AKG K141 Studio

3e2cad2e28a3b4f8b4c55e1038e02e10.jpg

I've used them a lot for work - they have an unaggressive, polite sound which could be taken for blandness but they are one of the least fatiguing headphones I've yet used, which I think is important. They handle high levels reasonably well. They are supra-aural (pads on ears) but the pads are extremely soft and can be worn in comfort for long stretches.

Only thing is the looks, they have a studio style that won't suit some tastes.

Guest Noel Edmonds

haha, yeah welli wont be wandering the streets with them on anyway. I'd only mong them to fuck in some drunken stumbling spree.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest grinningcat

im going to turnkeys to get some today... i think either the Akg 240s everyones been recommending or beyerdynamics? has any one expeirence with beyerdynamics?

ill get open back ones

i hate sennheiser ive lost faith in them, everyone recommended those to me and i got it and is sounded crap

Archived