IGNORED

Venetian Snares - My Downfall

Guest Kibreg

Guest Glass Plate

Well two people can be breakcore, and not be the same.

Two people can be electronic music and not the same.. for example Boards of Canada vs. Aphex Twin.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Glass Plate

or maybey you shouldn't organize your music by genres, but rather use them as descriptive terms? HMM YES.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest j0yrex

almost every new post on this forum is about personal hate, comparing genres & other bullshit... :shuriken: ok, it's your choice.. :ermm:

this release sounds good!! can't wait, to listen.... :whistling:

so are there any more samples besides the two clips on his myspace? Im loving that fast clip - Hollo Utca 2 but not so much the slower balladish one. oh just found a new one on there, sounds quite a bit like rosz not really what i was hoping.

so are there any more samples besides the two clips on his myspace? Im loving that fast clip - Hollo Utca 2 but not so much the slower balladish one. oh just found a new one on there, sounds quite a bit like rosz not really what i was hoping.

only 4 tracks of the 14 tracks have beats, 2 of which (hopeless pursuit / my downfall) are floating around.

"Since 2005 there has been one Venetian Snares album that everybody has talked about. This is the thematic follow-up to that masterpiece: "Rossz Csillag Allat Szuletett", Aaron's story of falling in love amongst the spires of Budapest, scored by Orchestra and the Amen break. If that album was in effect a question, then this album is his answer: the unfolding of this particular Hungarian story. If anything "My Downfall" is even more epic and bombastic than it's predecessor, but not without those little humourous touches so beloved of Snares. The achingly sad orchestral instrumental "Colorless" sets the tone for the majority of this album: loss and regret? It certainly sounds like the emotions of a confused mind. In fact most of the 14 tracks on "My Downfall" are instrumental - by which we mean there are no drums(Aaron's regular way of comunicating?)... only 4 of these tracks have any rhythm section whatsoever. Of those four "My Half" stands out with it's coruscating Amens and tensional chord progressions. The choir and harp of "I'm Sorry I Failed You" starts the album's descent towards the dark piano finale of "Mentioning It" via the beautiful "If I Could Say I Love You" [a favourite on Aaron's myspace page for the last few months]. Even the cover has a mournful stone sculpture of Aaron on the front and the previous album's pigeon being eaten on the inner sleeve. If you thought that "Rossz..." was a one off then think again."

to give you an idea of what the rest will be like.

did it leak?

it's not going to leak.

only 4 tracks of the 14 tracks have beats, 2 of which (hopeless pursuit / my downfall) are floating around.

"Since 2005 there has been one Venetian Snares album that everybody has talked about. This is the thematic follow-up to that masterpiece: "Rossz Csillag Allat Szuletett", Aaron's story of falling in love amongst the spires of Budapest, scored by Orchestra and the Amen break. If that album was in effect a question, then this album is his answer: the unfolding of this particular Hungarian story. If anything "My Downfall" is even more epic and bombastic than it's predecessor, but not without those little humourous touches so beloved of Snares. The achingly sad orchestral instrumental "Colorless" sets the tone for the majority of this album: loss and regret? It certainly sounds like the emotions of a confused mind. In fact most of the 14 tracks on "My Downfall" are instrumental - by which we mean there are no drums(Aaron's regular way of comunicating?)... only 4 of these tracks have any rhythm section whatsoever. Of those four "My Half" stands out with it's coruscating Amens and tensional chord progressions. The choir and harp of "I'm Sorry I Failed You" starts the album's descent towards the dark piano finale of "Mentioning It" via the beautiful "If I Could Say I Love You" [a favourite on Aaron's myspace page for the last few months]. Even the cover has a mournful stone sculpture of Aaron on the front and the previous album's pigeon being eaten on the inner sleeve. If you thought that "Rossz..." was a one off then think again."

to give you an idea of what the rest will be like.

did it leak?

it's not going to leak.

lol, so you have it but its 'not going to leak' . im not sure i follow that logic !!!

since it 'hasnt leaked' where can i hear these samples you have heard?

did it leak?

it's not going to leak.

How do you figure? :undecided:

extreme optimism?

shit even stuff on my little ole' label leaks to soulseek even before release, how is Mu ever going to keep any single one of their releases from not leaking? The only possible way they could do that is by stopping promo sendouts.

did it leak?

it's not going to leak.

How do you figure? :undecided:

extreme optimism?

shit even stuff on my little ole' label leaks to soulseek even before release, how is Mu ever going to keep any single one of their releases from not leaking? The only possible way they could do that is by stopping promo sendouts.

i'll be surprised if it does.

i don't actually have it, he's just talked about it enough in various places.

and about the two songs i was talking about, they're from livesets. they've been floating around for quite sometime.

the hopeless pursuit of remission

my half

i'll be surprised if it does.

thanks for those clips, i like them.

My question is why would it surprise you if it leaks? I cant think of one previous Vsnares release that hasn't leaked at least 3 weeks before its actual release date. What makes you think this one will be an exception ?

i nabbed the 1st 4 tracks off of soulseek of some guy then he did a runner, it sounds really good to me, alot more melodic and accessible, still alot of exciting sporadic drum works out though

Yeah I saw the leak and realised how much I'm anticipating this release when I never think I like snares that much, despite him topping my lastfm for the last year..

• 2 weeks later...

Archived