IGNORED

question about download manager and files

pabs

I'm incredibly bummed out that I discovered the live RDJ thread late, after everything was delinked....is there any way you can put the files back up Joyrex? I don't see a harm in having them here until the download manager is ready. Spread the love!

Guest Caustic

Surely you had enough time? Or are you another one of those latecomers that've been showing up recently?

I just mean, I wasn't reading the Aphex board for a while and then when I finally checked in, all the files were delinked...

Man, I've been going to Joyrex's site since WAY WAY WAY back....probably 98 or 99 ...

Simple Installation

Because IP.Downloads is a fully integrated component of IP.Board, installation is simple. Simply upload the application files to your IP.Board folder, and run the easy step-by-step installation program provided. Upgrading is just as easy!

WTF

Installation IS easy, and was done in all of about 20 minutes. What's not easy (and very time-consuming, something I don't have any of (time) right now, is linking all the existing files into the DL manager - there's no folder-subfolder feature on the DL manager (sucks, I know, wish I had known that beforehand), so all the folders and subfolders that Alex Pallas set up to organize everything have to be moved, renamed and then linked - problem is, because of how our host's user permissions are set up, I would have to give Alex my username/password in order to give him access to the directory (for some reason it won't let me set up his account with access) so he could do it (is willing and has the time) and get it done. I'll see what I can do, as I know you guys really liked that feature of the site. The DL manager was implemented to prevent hotlinking and to better integrate the downloads into the forum and pull it apart from the general forum topics and make things easier to find.

Installation IS easy, and was done in all of about 20 minutes. What's not easy (and very time-consuming, something I don't have any of (time) right now, is linking all the existing files into the DL manager - there's no folder-subfolder feature on the DL manager (sucks, I know, wish I had known that beforehand), so all the folders and subfolders that Alex Pallas set up to organize everything have to be moved, renamed and then linked - problem is, because of how our host's user permissions are set up, I would have to give Alex my username/password in order to give him access to the directory (for some reason it won't let me set up his account with access) so he could do it (is willing and has the time) and get it done. I'll see what I can do, as I know you guys really liked that feature of the site. The DL manager was implemented to prevent hotlinking and to better integrate the downloads into the forum and pull it apart from the general forum topics and make things easier to find.

Thanks JR, it's appreciated.

sounds like a good plan if you need more help let me know

Face it,the download manager is gone for good.

No more bootlegs for anyone.

we need some torrent alternative download

if anyone is willing to share i will seed

Archived