IGNORED

The Essential Guide To Ableton Live

YEK

[salespitch]

just picked this up today for 20 canadian

pretty good stuff here, comes with a cd-rom with ableton tutorials and samples and effect and instrument presets

i went through some of the tutorials on my friends computer and i must say learnt a lot more than i have in the past, reading the tutorials that came with the program....

the tutorials are like : build a track, make a mashup, dj with live .. all that good stuff and i'd highly recommend for people that have the demo or haven't used it that much other than playing around or if you are like myself, only used it rewired to reason to play off samples

anyway, this mag is tops, and has some other interesting articles such as background history on the company and other shit etc etc

pick it up if you're interested

[/salespitch]

:jedi:

i can now say that i can confidently make a pretty simple track using ableton and it feels good

Guest Iain C

I might have a look, but to be honest, I've always thought that the tutorials that come with Ableton are bloody fantastic for getting you up and running quickly.

i did about three of the tutes before i lost the will to live.

the tunes/samples they give you to work with are horrible i tell you horrible.

maybe so, but did you learn anything>?

maybe so, but did you learn anything>?

yeah... i learned more just pissing about with it by myself.

but i did learn stuff.

Guest Iain C

That's true actually... but they do tell you a lot, sometimes you just have to suck down the suck :laughing:

But you're right, it is a very intuitive program...

live puts the fun back into computer music imo

not that computer music was ever fun for me,,, well it's fun to a certain extent but not like fun like having a jam session

live..... hmm yeah. ok that is all

What sequencers do you all use for Abelton ? Does it have a sequencer of it's own... Tell me why it will pwn Reason ... now.

it is a sequencer.

a live one.

magic, eh?

(it shits all over reason in most ways, and in the ways that it doesnt u can just rewire reason directly into ableton - routing reason devices straight into audio/midi tracks in ableton with more ease than any other rewire app ive used. oh and it is a vst host too..so pretty much arguement covered)

it has it's own sequencer.. you can lay down whole audio clips in it and set their start and loop points

it comes with very nice effects and you can use vst's vti's as well....

i dunno, someone else can explain it better than me...

I've been thinking about this for a long time... I'm gonna download the demo, and check it out... the thing I like about reason is that it's very easy to get up and running and everything is right there, I don't care to fuck about w/ something like cubase in addition... if you know what i mean.

Guest IdironBoomtracks

i'm definately gonna get myself a copy of that magazine. i started learning ableton a while back but didn't have the chance to do so proper-like... and i've been trying to get back into it but i just can't remember what i learnt!!! the headlines of each tutorial sound like just what i need. and i also need to make a bangin' live set by the end of this month!

er, and if anybody wants to scan the article in for a poor student like myself that'de be super appreciated :rolleyes:

Guest Keef Baker

I don't think I could ever use Live as my primary DAW, I just feel I can get better results with Logic. But for it's original purpose, ie: a live instrument, it's the mutts nuts.

er, and if anybody wants to scan the article in for a poor student like myself that'de be super appreciated :rolleyes:

It's a whole magazine about it rather than an article so that could take a while :happy: I was gonna get it, I can't remember what the reason for me not getting it now, but I didn't all the same

I don't think I could ever use Live as my primary DAW, I just feel I can get better results with Buzz. But for it's original purpose, ie: a live instrument, it's the mutts nuts.

Guest IdironBoomtracks

well yekker's managed to do it. obviously you're not as good a person as him. you fail. at everything. :tongue: :wink2:

well yekker's managed to do it. obviously you're not as good a person as him. you fail. at everything. :tongue: :wink2:

any chance you could pm it to me boomtracks?

that would be choice.

I am reading that mag on my journeys to work

I'm currently migrating from reason to Ableton, it's a slow process but it's going well. I'm just trying to find a decent Orchestral sound bank VST and then it's done

im fed up banging on about live - it's been fucking amazing since version 1

although - version 5.0.3 is fuckin awful

mos

what have they done?

i'm still on 5.0.1 - u suggest i stay..?

Archived