IGNORED

QY70 Tracks

BCM

Just a couple of jams I knocked out on my new QY70 Sequencer....used nothing but the internal XG MIDI sounds and a few effects....bit rough around the edges, but see what you think!

Yamaha%20QY70.jpg

Guest analogue wings

Yeah I have a QY70 - they are great for taking on a trip or whatever.

The Gameboy UI is a bit too fiddly for gigging with tho..

these two tracks are wicked, i always thought the QY70 looked pretty neat and fun to play with being so small. Did you just sit back in your recliner and shat out the tracks or what, give us the details!

cheers! well, yeah, pretty much - just hooked the QY70 up to my multitracker and programmed in a few patterns on the little keyboard - drums, bass noises and that, then just recorded each pattern into different tracks, all synced to MIDI, put on a few effects and that's pretty much it! Haven't even figured out half of what the QY70 can do really, not even got into Song Mode yet! It's wicked though and I'll be able to sequence anything with it, which is really useful....

Guest analogue wings
cheers! well, yeah, pretty much - just hooked the QY70 up to my multitracker and programmed in a few patterns on the little keyboard - drums, bass noises and that, then just recorded each pattern into different tracks, all synced to MIDI, put on a few effects and that's pretty much it! Haven't even figured out half of what the QY70 can do really, not even got into Song Mode yet! It's wicked though and I'll be able to sequence anything with it, which is really useful....

Ah, so you didn't actually put the songs together in the QY70? I dug mine out last night cos of this thread and ended up pissed off with the thing again.

Guest analogue wings
might look into using one, kinda got tired of the ol MMT8

Ha, I went the opposite way. MMT8 has way less features but the interface is fantastic. So quick to use.

Plus I modded mine to have 4mb of ram instead of 256k :)

That's the other problem with the QY70 - it runs out of memory if you look at it funny, and there's no card slot, floppy drive etc. That's what REALLY kills it for gigging.

yeah, could do with expandable memory, but i can't complain as it was cheap! and i mainly plan to use it as a MIDI pattern generator and control various synths with it via a MIDI hub type thing and a multitrack.

Guest analogue wings
yeah, could do with expandable memory, but i can't complain as it was cheap! and i mainly plan to use it as a MIDI pattern generator and control various synths with it via a MIDI hub type thing and a multitrack.

Basically, like an analogue-style sequencer. Yep, it'd be sweet for that, especially with the transposition features. You noticed that you can make a pattern in C major and then transpose it live to Gdim7 or whatever? THAT'S a cool feature :)

Guest analogue wings
a MIDI hub type thing

Dont think you need one of these. As long as all your synths have MIDI thru, you can just chain them up.

they haven't all got MIDI thru... but yeah - it's got some cool features for transposing and the like... also chord sort and seperate and lots of quantization options - really powerful actually!

Guest analogue wings

The built in ROMpler is a LOT better than you'd expect for the price. You could even use it as a really portable module for gigs etc.

awesome tracks. anything planned to these ? :)

no mate, nothing really....just a couple of jams... would be up for doing a couple of tracks for you though if you'd like?

You are proof that talent lies within the user, not the tools (well the tools a little bit but you know what i mean). Nice fucking work!!!

Cheers! :beer:

I like the overall style, well done.

:kiss:

awesome tracks. anything planned to these ? :)

no mate, nothing really....just a couple of jams... would be up for doing a couple of tracks for you though if you'd like?

don't hesitate, just go along with the kind of mood you have had with these. totally like them. i don't care for numbers of tracks... so just as you like :beer:

Archived