IGNORED

How good do you think the unreleased tracks are?

Guest AOOproductions

Guest AOOproductions

After downloading many DJ sets and listening to tracks posted on this forum I've come to the conclusion that I don't feel his unreleased tracks can be THAT good. Many people seem to think that they must be amazing and unholy. This all seemed to especially come to light after the whole Drukqs debacle and the MP3 player left on the plane.

I think the music that is unreleased is good, very good. Many songs sound better than actually released songs, no doubt. But the idea he has like 200 songs hidden that could change the face of Techno history, but he doesn't want people to steal his ideas... well, that’s kinda suspect. Plus Vibert and Tom J and Mike P have all heard each others music and it would have come out in an interview if his unreleased music was really that good.

Lets have some honest opinions, and if anyone has any evidence to how good you think they are please share.

This clip pretty much proves that there is great unreleased aphex. I think that there is tons that is awesome, and some that is crap. But you never know, I mean, I heard, Fredugolon, Synthacon 9, Where's Your Girlfriend, all before they were released in live sets. So it is possible that some of it might get released.

But damn I wish he would release that song in that youtube vid. That would change the face of my techno history.

Guest AOOproductions
This clip pretty much proves that there is great unreleased aphex.

Yea it does. I think there's some brilliant stuff out there. The main thing that got me suspicious was that interview he gave where he said I don't want people stealing my ideas and shit. Ironically a whole music scene was developed by copying his ideas, so I don't see how it would hurt if he put out his unreleased songs now.

they're probably pretty good. But I doubt they are done justice when recorded live. When I heard the nice version of bummy I realized it was pretty good.

i am going to say what i always say, and that is at the Carling show i remember a crazy tune that had vocodery words "Richard D. James" in it and it rocked balls. i could be totally wrong about that

Guest Kenneth172

Personally I think it's a load of bollocks. Do you really think that if RDJ had that much cutting edge unreleased stuff that could "change the face of techno history" he wouldn't have had any offers from record companies wanting to release his stuff? He should have record company execs and A&R bods queuing up at his door. As it is I think he more than likely has loads of unreleased stuff. I've got loads of unreleased stuff but I'm not going to make any claims it's going to change the face of braindance. As for talk of other people stealing his ideas, I've had a few of mine stolen. But at the end of the day if he's released stuff and people have bought it, was is their to moan about? He's made a pretty penny so far, so at the end of the day he's the one laughing all the way to the bank...

I think he has tons of unreleased stuff.

I also think some of it is amazing and some might be shite.

my theory is that a good chunk of the analords were old, unreleased tracks.

every band has stuff that they choose not to put out, for whatever reason,

but electronic artists have a lot more stuff that piles up.

His unreleased material is a mixed bag - some of it good, some of it not. Most tracks though you can sort of understand how they didn't make the cut, or weren't proper for a particular release.

Archived