IGNORED

I feel like theres a tree growing out of the top of my head

Salvatorin

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Its about time I fish up this old thread again. The tree is so tall now that when I move my head around, I almost fall down. I was right in the very beginning, it is letting me in on secrets. Oh the things that I learn just from sitting with the other trees. I can intercept their gossip, and what they say most of the time goes over my head. But it is all steadily influencing me...the tree's thoughts are becoming my own, and although I have little to no grasp on them, they are there and they infect my view on the world around me. It is almost becoming a burden...I wonder If I can ever live the same with this tree on my head, tapping into the universal fabric. Things in everyday life just have a tendency to become trivial; human customs are looking quite ridiculous, and indeed ape-like. The tree tells me how we are just a bunch of apes sitting around; so full of ourselves...the tree knows that plants are the slow and passive winners of the battle. You and I and all of our kin are only a tiny pebble on the smooth road that the Earth travels on. I'm wondering if there's any way to get the tree off...but it's roots are so firmly planted, destroying it in any way would probably destroy me too. Look at the predicament I've gotten myself into...

Guest fiznuthian

this hair is subtle thine hairy relative easy apple dictator icarus simple monk yearning fuck apple volatile orange rhyming incredible tits ever.

Guest Dr P Fenderson

Maybe the existence of the tree is letting you live the secret - that we are plants.

We may have primate instincts, but we frequently behave as plants - and our head is a root...but a rhizome - an all-encompassing, interconnected non-arboreal structure.

Life has always seemed to me like a plant that lives on its rhizome. Its true life is invisible, hidden in the rhizome. The part that appears above the ground lasts only a single summer. Then it withers away—an ephemeral apparition. When we think of the unending growth and decay of life and civilizations, we cannot escape the impression of absolute nullity. Yet I have never lost the sense of something that lives and endures beneath the eternal flux. What we see is blossom, which passes. The rhizome remains.

• 1 month later...

The trees are always watching me now. They see the tree on my head and know it is slowly becoming my own. The trees have become my kin, my family, praising me for the tributes I've made to their cause. They know I'm on their side, but that doesn't mean they change their ways for me. No, I change my ways for them, because I will always be the student here. I am forever the pupil of my wooden elders. I steadily learn their language, absorbing their wisdom as I catch their pheromones traveling past my head. One day I will be a tree.

• 4 weeks later...

autum.jpg

treebeard.jpg

treebeard_6_21_06.jpg

PoisonIvy_01.jpg

img021.jpg

woodelf.jpg

Picture%20033.jpg

0000000093.jpg

l_4e57c8b7d96bfa95223360624da7833e.jpg

l_868c91e4459731e58128bdd1740fcdd6.jpg

I took those last two.

If our technology developed to the point where we were using plants as technology, ie. living in huge genetically altered trees and using chlorophyll to collect energy and have all our devices run that way...maybe eventually we'd start to lose the distinction between man and plant...eventually we'd be plants.

• 2 months later...

I walk through silent vast libraries of hidden ancient knowledge. I can look, straight in the eye, the secret to my existence, and gain no knowledge, as the words are stored deep within the ever-growing wooden tomes.

• 4 weeks later...

So much power literally flowing through my body, held at my fingertips, I am this transducer of sacred knowledge, and what do I do? I spew out meaningless noise like a confused child. The hugeness, the vastness, the vast ever-expanding plain in my view, so huge, so solitary, but so communal. Funny, once realized, but completely necessary for our little cause, that our brains would develop the filters that they did. Actually, in the long run, its what separates us from the trees; in the visible realm, obviously their form is the one of the completely exposed ones. Yes, and in the same manner, our form in this plane completely and totally represent what nature has constructed in our minds, all the strategically placed shortcomings and digressions, so fitting, so perfect for what was intended as the polar opposite of balance. Such irrationality, bringers of complete chaos, much like the realm which must have brought all into existence. Amazing, the implications then must be that we are change embodied!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But that is irrelevant. Lets just sit down in the cold, the dark, and listen to the wind.

frozen_forest.jpg

Archived