IGNORED

help.what do IDM performers use

Guest môak

Guest Mr. Magoo

hi, i'm not very with it in terms of music productioni just use FL5, and i only know simplicity, so if you could hold back from the sarcasim it would be nice.

my question is what do for example luke vibert use when he is up on the stage making the music live, is he using loops of audio drum patterns, i beleive this is how it's done, but MIDI, i'm not quite sure?, is it wise to use a program like FL5 studio?

what programs do they use?, cause i've seen programs such as sweet sixteen a midi program m_scr_wi.gif

but i tried this and it's not a live performance thing...(i know i sound like an idiot)-but all i want to do is load wavs or mp3 (most perferbly wavs), into a program and have it play the loops whenever i select them, and then have the loops loop. AND I DON'T MEAN TRAKTOR DJ STUDIO.

plus i don't know how the fuck to use a tracker, but i'll try, if i can get some instuctions from anyone here who might want to help.

ihave downloaded a demo of live 5.0.3. from ableton, and it is what i wanted although there is too many menus and all that shit, all i want is something as simple, and as simple looking as the image above, or like this one s16.gif

thank-you for your time and help., much appriecated.

Do Ableton's tutorials. Crap music or not, they'll tell you all you need to know, and relatively quickly. It really does seem to be exactly what you're after!

Guest Mr. Magoo

yeah i ried Ableton Live, and it works, and i want something just like that, but more simple, without all the flashy icons and colours, do you know any programs that function the same but look different, or prehaps do you know if their is some sort of skin changer?

well what would you guys use, and how?

I would use Ableton because I own it :fear:

As far as I know there's nothing that does the same sort of thing, at least not with the same flexibility in terms of timestretching/pitchshifting etc... Maybe Acid or something? I've never used it but I've heard it's good for loops.

Guest Mr. Magoo
I would use Ableton because I own it :fear:

As far as I know there's nothing that does the same sort of thing, at least not with the same flexibility in terms of timestretching/pitchshifting etc... Maybe Acid or something? I've never used it but I've heard it's good for loops.

do you have a song you have done in live, i would like to hear it, or a video of you playing, or screenshot, anything please :smiling:

Guest Mr. Magoo

how the fuck do you do those break beats, like jungle drums, of break, rush rush and stuff, of electronic music, i can never do it because i don't know how, this is my best drum loop

drum4

Guest Keef Baker

Well I use live all the time and the picture you have there could be done on the session view of live easily on one track.

Want something more complex, you can do that too. It's great for live performance.

Here's a show i did a while back

http://www.keefbaker.co.uk/keeflive.mp3

Guest Mr. Magoo
Well I use live all the time and the picture you have there could be done on the session view of live easily on one track.

Want something more complex, you can do that too. It's great for live performance.

Here's a show i did a while back

http://www.keefbaker.co.uk/keeflive.mp3

nice, any video :clover:

Guest Mr. Magoo
fraid not.

I might be videoing the digital nimbus show on the 20th though.

FUCK, i didn't know Afghanistan has electronic music scene

Guest Keef Baker

fraid not.

I might be videoing the digital nimbus show on the 20th though.

FUCK, i didn't know Afghanistan has electronic music scene

Afghanistan is a Joke, I'm from Leeds and I'm playing a californian radio show.

luke vibert uses tracktor - with midi'd hardware?

i use ableton live for live sets, sometimes i use track session mode sometimes i use the song mode, depends on how i feel

here is a screen shot

live -ableton synced up to my 707 and a 303 - and a midi controller

and song mode

Guest suitcasepimp

Luke Vibert and Aphex both use Traktor when they perform live, the only switch I could ever see them doing from Traktor would be to Ableton Live, Although I dont know if they have done that or not. Other artists who use this live

Ableton Live is the easiest program in the world for what you want to do, and it seems like your quite into your electronic music, so u'll want to get a nice glitch plug in like this one, Glitch

Once you got that, load up your ameneque breaks etc etc and you can be your very own Luke or Richard D James in the comfort of your own room!!!

Guest Mr. Magoo
FL? open up the play list, open up that menu in the top right hand corner of the window, select live mode. Done.

i'am not amused :getlost:

Guest Cyanescens
yeah i ried Ableton Live, and it works, and i want something just like that, but more simple, without all the flashy icons and colours, do you know any programs that function the same but look different, or prehaps do you know if their is some sort of skin changer?

well what would you guys use, and how?

computer music magazine just published a tutorial on how to use ableton live and its incredibly easy. you should contact computer music magazing and order back issues, get a subscription... :phone:

FL? open up the play list, open up that menu in the top right hand corner of the window, select live mode. Done.

i'am not amused :getlost:

What? It's not there? I wasn't kidding, FL has a "live mode" option somewhere. I'll look for it the next time I start it up... ahhh fuck it, I'll ask on #flstudio on EFnet.

if you go to this page:

http://www.flstudio.com/documents/103.html

it says

Added live mode to playlist.

under version 4.0. I remember I was fucking around with it then. I just don't know how to do it anymore.

Archived