IGNORED

Awakening

Zephyr_Nova

Thanks a lot guys.

I tweaked the mix a bit so it's more headphones friendly --I hadn't listened through on headphones before posting this, and some of the panned stuff was bit extreme even for me, so:

*I really wish there were a way to replace attachments here, rather than having to upload twice...

the track is a bit gayish but it takes balls to be gay!

nice gay electronic music track Zephyr_Nova! :beer:

With this track I was really trying to capture the essence of butt sex with another man, so I'm glad you felt it.

Nice. Very nice. The melodies are very well composed and compliment each other beautifully. The fucking with the beats could be a little more fucked and then it's golden!

More beat fuckery you say... hmmmm. I'm always weary about overdoing it in a track like this where the melody's really carrying it. I don't want to mangle it toooo much. I will keep this in mind when I listen back a ways down the road.

Thanks!

Guest Ominous

I would've loved it if the last part of the melody phrase was a little less dissonant; it probably could've made it very nostalgic/much more gay! At second listen, it's growing a lot on me though. the breakdown at 3:00 is awesome btw.

Thanks/thanks! :beer:

and

I would've loved it if the last part of the melody phrase was a little less dissonant; it probably could've made it very nostalgic/much more gay! At second listen, it's growing a lot on me though. the breakdown at 3:00 is awesome btw.

Hehe, I read this as you thought the end melody should be MORE dissonant... and I was considering it! I'm actually not sure which part you're finding dissonant.

Glad you enjoyed the breakdown, and thanks for listening twice through. That's always a good sign!

I've been listening to this on and off today and it really is a superb track. Please, do not touch anything on the track no increase in beat fuckery, no change in the last section, nuffink. It's honestly perfect as is.

I really like your stuff...don't take this as an insult or anything, but this sounds so similar to something I'm working on right now it's scary. Great minds think alike I suppose :laughing:

I've been listening to this on and off today and it really is a superb track. Please, do not touch anything on the track no increase in beat fuckery, no change in the last section, nuffink. It's honestly perfect as is.

Wow man, thanks a ton. If one listener thinks it's perfect, I ain't going to fuck it up for them. I promise I won't change anything unless it's a minor mix issue that bugs me at some point... If there's any extra beat fuckery it won't be very drastic. I agree that much more would be TOO much more.

I really like your stuff...don't take this as an insult or anything, but this sounds so similar to something I'm working on right now it's scary. Great minds think alike I suppose :laughing:

Well that's not really an insult, more just a coincidence. I'll be curious to hear what you come up with should you choose to post it here. Also, I enjoyed your cryptic joyrex thread in general banter. I hope you find the answers you seek.

Well that's not really an insult, more just a coincidence. I'll be curious to hear what you come up with should you choose to post it here. Also, I enjoyed your cryptic joyrex thread in general banter. I hope you find the answers you seek.

i have a good feeling about all that business...so what inspired that name, "Awakening"?

i have a good feeling about all that business...so what inspired that name, "Awakening"?

Cool man, hope the feeling lasts and that the business is good.

Regarding the name, basically I just finished the song, needed a name, and that immediately sprang to mind. For some reason it just seemed like an obvious title, which is rare. Usually I have no idea what to call new tracks. The track just reminds me of the feeling I've experienced when approaching something familiar with a new sense of wonder, or of coming to a big realization. That's just the vibe it was giving me at the time.

This is really awesome. But I agree with whoever said that the beats need a little more. I kept waiting for some sweet fills or poly rhythms to come in, but they never did.

Keep up the good work.

pretty good, but I dunno if I'd say epic.

Well, it's my first track to kick off with an orchestra tuning, and that to me is epic.

Also, something can be both epic and a piece of shit. There are lots of movies out there to back this up. Not that I think my song is a piece of shit, I'm just saying "epic" doesn't imply it's going to be really good.

Archived