IGNORED

Awakening

Zephyr_Nova

yeah your use of the bells sounds four tettish but not ripoffish

i like the chord progression. by 2:00 in i was ready for a different one though

the rhodes or whatever work is great, nice subtle chording

i like the distorted pad that comes in at 2:40, would like to hear more of that -- sweet, you really bring it up toward the end of the song. that is the best sound in the whole track. i'm glad it becomes a feature at one point. i think you could also use it in the background of some of the drum drop-outs. you could even use that line instead of the melody

enjoyed listening | e

i can tell you put a lot of work into this. sounds very well put together. i like the melody interplay... kind of a bit of counterpoint...

i think its a good song, and overall, you did a great job.

i would say, however, for my personal tastes... you could have taken some more risks here... and i think it still would have come off well.

nice work!

cheers,

eric

Great track Eric!

What is your avatar supposed to be?

Thanks Dan!

It's a mustache borrowed from mustache week here at watmms. Before my avator was blank but I wanted to participate in mustache week, and it stuck. So now I'm just a disembodied electronic music mustache.

yeah your use of the bells sounds four tettish but not ripoffish

i like the chord progression. by 2:00 in i was ready for a different one though

the rhodes or whatever work is great, nice subtle chording

i like the distorted pad that comes in at 2:40, would like to hear more of that -- sweet, you really bring it up toward the end of the song. that is the best sound in the whole track. i'm glad it becomes a feature at one point. i think you could also use it in the background of some of the drum drop-outs. you could even use that line instead of the melody

enjoyed listening | e

That pad's my guitar! It was the last thing I added because I thought the chorussy section needed a bit more balls and drama. Having it swell in during the drum drop-outs might sound pretty cool, though I wouldn't replace the melody with it. Then it would turn into BoC! Thanks for the feedback.

i can tell you put a lot of work into this. sounds very well put together. i like the melody interplay... kind of a bit of counterpoint...

i think its a good song, and overall, you did a great job.

i would say, however, for my personal tastes... you could have taken some more risks here... and i think it still would have come off well.

nice work!

cheers,

eric

You almost have my name (Eric Hogg), and I went to school with a Hodge. I'm thinking of continuing with the beat fuckery on this one since a few people have mentioned it could be taken further, and they're probably right. Cheers! :beer:

I'm surprised this track's still getting feedback. Much appreciated.

Awww, you guys are the swellest. :embrassed:

I'm reluctant to post a new track here because more people keep checking this one out, and it's probably better than the few I've done since. I'll have to delete it to fit something else, so I'm going to keep this guy up one more week for any stragglers who might still enjoy it. Plus maybe the track I'm working on now will end up being totally bad ass and I'll want to post it over the others. Only time will tell. (Unless time decides to be a jerk. Then it won't tell anyone shit.)

i liked it a lot, the only thing that bothered me were some of the snare buildups/rushes that happen once or twice after silence...they have a kinda high buzzing sound that I didn't think mended well with the kinda wet sound of the rest of the drums (not sure if these even makes sense)

andd, where is the little opening come from, it sounds so familiar or am I just crazy

i liked it a lot, the only thing that bothered me were some of the snare buildups/rushes that happen once or twice after silence...they have a kinda high buzzing sound that I didn't think mended well with the kinda wet sound of the rest of the drums (not sure if these even makes sense)

andd, where is the little opening come from, it sounds so familiar or am I just crazy

Thanks for the feedback. I like the contrast of the buzzy shizzle with the wetish shizzle. I combine those elements a fair bit with my electronic music. The opening's just the sound of an orchestra tuning up with a few edits and tweaks. You'd hear it at any symphony, musicals, etc. I'm fond of the sound so decided to start off a track with it. It's also pitch shifted and used as pads in other sections. I'm sure many other artists have used orchestra tuning samples before me, and I'm sure a few have started tracks off with it too --though I don't know of any off the top of my head. There is a track I've heard by Coil that revolves entirely around orchestra tuning samples blending together. Perhaps that's what you're thinking of?

Guest joshier
enough good things can't be said about this track

Cheers! :beer:

I think this one's had its 15 minutes. Time to upload something else.

hey. no way!.. i never got to hear it! pm me it will ya?

Guest splagawaga
All right, since people still want to hear this one and it's probably one of the better tracks I've done, here's a more permanent download link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TDIR1TKJ

(though I think they take it down after a certain amount of downloads.)

Thanks for re-uploading, im looking forward to this. i think i spot 'the worm' in amongst the glitches :). nice swing on the drums and of course very tastey dragging and pulling of the drums. that poor drum machine seems to be on its last legs. id get a new one if i was u ;).

very nice fill bringing the drums back in for the final section.

i have a similar response to another rhodes track of yours. i really like it, but wish it had built up and up much further. perhaps just personal preference seeing as everyone loves this one.

a sweet tune indeed.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest joshier

I like the roughness of the drums, very high quality. the melody is something very special too, but sadly it didn't progress an awful lot.. i know you have it in you to expand it to something really shocking (in a good way).

Archived