IGNORED

MC-202/Machinedrum noodling

Guest rex sole

Guest rex sole

Finally got hold of a magic little midi->sync24 converter box, so now all my gear is blooping syncroniously. To celebrate I jammed out this little ditty to make sure it actually worked... it doesn't really develop or go anywhere but it probably doesn't need to. Enjoy!

How would this get catagorized? If this is acid then it's some of the best acid I've heard.

It's true that it doesn't really go anywhere :) so a break or two would be awesome - especially if it went somewhere completely different.

Awesome!

Guest ezkerraldean

tis indeed rather nice.

"doesnt really go anywhere but doesnt really need to" - it reminds me a lot of old black dog and b12 tracks, they dont really go anywhere and are usually quite calm but good tracks nonetheless. if you made this 15 years ago it would be Artificial Intelligence compilation material.

Guest rex sole

Five stars, not bad! Thanks for the positive comments everyone.

How would this get catagorized? If this is acid then it's some of the best acid I've heard.

It's true that it doesn't really go anywhere :) so a break or two would be awesome - especially if it went somewhere completely different.

It's probably not Acid in the strictest sense as there's not much slidin' going on and there's isn't a 303 in sight. I guess it's more of a tweaky techno... thing. I agree about a break or two somewhere, I think it might help the flow of the track a lot as it kind of just goes on and on for four minutes, which is fine really but there needs to be some element of phrasing to it.

Guest rex sole

Polyphonic stuff is a couple of instances of the Oatmeal vst, everything else is overdubbed 202 lines.

Edit: With chorusing/compression/reverb/delay where necessary, of course :)

Guest rex sole

Yes, the majority of the track is just Machinedrum/MC-202 overdubbed a bunch of times. The clearly-not-monophonic chords at the beginning (and later on) were added after the fact to add some more elements to the track :)

Archived