IGNORED

Team Fortress 2

beneboi

Guest Evil Sleep Ophelia
you can't attack as a medic because you have no offensive capabilities.

Well, they've got that gun that shoots needles. I was at least able to defend myself against everyone but heavies with that.

I like how the medic class has changed. It kind of sucks to not be able to poison people anymore, but you will get credit for assists and things like that so you can still get a pretty decent score. Plus, medic+heavy=pretty difficult if both are skilled.

Man, I remember back in 1999 when this game was supposed to come out that fall. Of course, it was an entirely different game then. I kind of liked the idea of a military theme; this surreal theme is fun but the underlying game is mostly the same as TFC. It would have been nice to have more gameplay improvements rather than just a graphics upgrade and some class balancing.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Evil Sleep Ophelia
I'm buying the Orange Box for Portal.

I heard Portal is only a few hours long, though. So you might want to at least check out TF2 and Episode 2 if you're going to make it worth the money you're spending.

i got to 18 of 19 on the training levels after about two hours. (for all i know the training is the game) then i got too drunk and it got too impossible. damn cool game though.

who's playing this and where?i have no idea what i'm doing. i joined a random server (tf2) and was very impressed/annoyed by hearing some dude telling me what to do auf deutsch.

I've started playing rather obsessively on a UK server called Doomy's, I'll get an IP when home if anyones bothered but its a server thats got a lot of regulars. I love being an Engineer or perhaps more so a kamikaze Pyro. Nothing beats running into the enemies base without stopping setting every bastard on fire

• 8 months later...
Guest PigeonSt

Team Fortress 2 is probably the greatest game ever, just saying. There's depth that has me finding new ways to play after 300 hours of gameplay, and that's not to mention the new weapons they released already for the medic and pyro. OKTOBERFEST.

Team Fortress 2 is probably the greatest game ever, just saying. There's depth that has me finding new ways to play after 300 hours of gameplay, and that's not to mention the new weapons they released already for the medic and pyro. OKTOBERFEST.

Too bad they're gypping Xbox players. :rolleyes:

But yeah, this game fucking rocks.

Who do you all play as the most? I personally prefer The Scout/Spy.

Guest PigeonSt

Too bad they're gypping Xbox players. :rolleyes:

But yeah, this game fucking rocks.

Who do you all play as the most? I personally prefer The Scout/Spy.

I play medic and demo most often. Sniper and spy least often, I play a lot of everything else though. My steam id is carrotpanic, feel free to add me everyone.

good vid :beer: had not seen it yet. Lately I've been playing a lot of medic and pyro. Used to be a killer sniper in the original TFC, haven't tried sniping too much on TFC2, although I've been playing this more and more as of late. Terrific game, never boring until everyone drops from the server, then it's on to another group of deathmatchers.

• 1 year later...

the "leaked" (lol, yeah) meet the spy is great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnuYi-nzE90

gentlemen.jpg

i started playing pyro properly tonight. pyro is fucking fun! hiding around corners, jumping out and spraying everyone with flames, and jumping back in again, classic lols. vague internet rumours have it that pyro will be revealed as a woman in the as-yet-unrealised "meet the pyro"

Guest my usernames always really suck

I am

But Pyros are getting so obnoxious with their incessant spam now that I find myself just sitting behind my teammates and sniping with the Ambassador a lot of times these days. Which is bullshit.

I don't have a problem with Spy having a hard counter. Because a good Spy can assrape a team and something has to balance that out.

I do have a problem with the fact that the Spy's hard counter is the game's easiest, cheapest, spammiest class -- one whose main weapon doesn't even require any aim to succeed.

i just turn teamspeak off. 90% of people who use teamspeak are either annoying 15 year olds or horrible basement dwellers

also i, so far, play this game casually. can you stop with the moonspeak, planetoid?

also what was that whole 'spy vs sniper' thing on the tf2 blog recently?

Guest my usernames always really suck

also i, so far, play this game casually.

I already guessed this when you said how much you love playing Pyro.

also what was that whole 'spy vs sniper' thing on the tf2 blog recently?

slowpokefront.jpg

I wonder if it's anything like that incident the other day where a swamp rabbit attacked Jimmy Carter.

also i, so far, play this game casually.

I already guessed this when you said how much you love playing Pyro.

i started playing spy near the end tonight and it's like crack

watch your back :P

GENTLEMEN.png

Guest tv_party

spy is my worst class. stabbing someone in the back is satisfying but I get bored sneaking around.

I've gotten pretty good at demo. still can't rocket jump with the soldier for shit.

thumb.php?img=img_1689.jpg&w=280&h=265

something i as a relative n00b find quite frustrating is that everyone is awesome at the game

although that's essentially the purpose of the various characters innit, they have very different learning curves...

it's an easy game to jump into [(heavy/pyro/soldier) and (demoman/scout)] to a degree but all the characters add degrees of complexity to the equation, and shit is very well balanced. bravo valve.

Gentlemen_awesome.png

Archived