IGNORED

so who's got it?

kokoon

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i'm downloading it, it'll be the exact same quality as a matter of fact.

I did the same thing at home (for the first 6 hours) using Adobe Audition and the "Record all you hear button".

This'll take a while to download 792.6MB :)

No it won't. This version will be of worse quality than the original stream (96 kbps mono) since it's been encoded/compressed a second time (96kbps mono -> wav -> VBR mp3)

I captured the whole 12 hrs. with winamp and streamripper, ftp-ing it to kokoon, who's going to seed it as a torrent.

ummm how about you send it to me and i upload it on watmm, i want to make sure i get the best version of this up

how big is your file bob?

File Name : Autechre - Autechre.ws (23-24 Feb 2008).mp3

Subsong Index : 0

File Size : 495MB (519 728 107 bytes)

Last Modified : 2008-02-24 11:02:25

Duration : 12:00:37.421 (1906770287 samples)

Sample Rate : 44100 Hz

Channels : 1

Bitrate : 96 kbps

Codec : MP3

Codec Profile : MP3 CBR

Encoding : lossy

Tag Type : id3v2|id3v1

Track Gain : -3.64 dB

Track Peak : 1.102076

Album Gain : -3.64 dB

Album Peak : 1.102076

<MP3_STEREO_MODE> : mono

can someone upload a rip not a fucken re-encode thanks

Read the fucken posts eh? We're working on it. Why don't you get out and push?

ummm how about you send it to me and i upload it on watmm, i want to make sure i get the best version of this up

I would definitely do that except that I'm handcuffed at the moment by my shitty upload bandwidth here in Ireland... currently getting speeds ~23 kb/s on the ftp to kokoon, transfer's almost halfway there. He could probably forward it to you once he's got it. I can also try to ftp to you from my work computer tomorrow, might have better u/l speeds in the office (pm me with details).

don't use torrents. they suck unless you have some popular file with hundreds of active peers with good bandwidth. and even then you have fluctuations in speed, comcast & universities filtering torrent traffic, etc.

for something more 'niche' like this it's much better to split it up & use rapidshare, sharebee, the watmm server, ftp, or something like that.

Guest Ephphatha

Hello everyone,

i'm the chap who uploaded the torrent yesterday morning of the recording i'd made. i wanted to let people on here know, but my account wasn't authorised, so meh. Anyway, thanks to Kokoon for sending a message, & for also explaining about stream ripping—for what it's worth, i'm glad someone's done that, & i'll be listening to see what differences there are! Am i right that this stream rip misses the beginning though? My recording (which misses nothing at the start) is 12:04:21, so how long's this one?

Anyway, it's good to be on this forum finally! :ok:

Hello everyone,

i'm the chap who uploaded the torrent yesterday morning of the recording i'd made. i wanted to let people on here know, but my account wasn't authorised, so meh. Anyway, thanks to Kokoon for sending a message, & for also explaining about stream ripping—for what it's worth, i'm glad someone's done that, & i'll be listening to see what differences there are! Am i right that this stream rip misses the beginning though? My recording (which misses nothing at the start) is 12:04:21, so how long's this one?

Welcome..

just signed on to here to thank those people involved for having the torrent put up. it was fast as you like, and done over night which was quite a treat this morning, and almost stopped me going to work.

it's going to get me right in the mood for friday at the music box...

[hello to all]

Hello everyone,

welcome!

yeah, this one's missing almost the entire first track, total length is 12:00:37.

Hello everyone,

welcome!

yeah, this one's missing almost the entire first track, total length is 12:00:37.

It could also be a difference at the end? Different cropping? Maybe silence at the end of the set?

I'll verify this later when I'm at home as I've recorded the first six hours myself, I'll verify that with the watmm-streamripped-torrent from Bob Dabolina.

Hello everyone,

welcome!

It could also be a difference at the end? Different cropping? Maybe silence at the end of the set?

I'll verify this later when I'm at home as I've recorded the first six hours myself, I'll verify that with the watmm-streamripped-torrent from Bob Dabolina.

Yeah, teeing up the stream rip was the hard part, basically refreshed autechre.ws every minute or so approaching 8:00 until the link became available, fired it up in Winamp, then fired up Streamripper. I must not have been a quick draw, though I don't think it was *too* far off from the start. Since it picked up partway through the first song I cleaned up the stream rip by applying a fade-in using mp3directcut (no re-encoding). Just out of curiosity, how were you able to record from the absolute beginning (was there intro silence)?

Streamripper stops recording once the stream ends, so end of the stream rip = the end of the broadcast.

I plan to make a cue file of the stream rip with cue points every 15 minutes just for my own for listening/bookmark purposes, so if anyone wants a copy let me know. Could be helpful for doing the tracklist (you guyz is crazy, but...)

p.s. is this an extended version of Uviol? Feels pretty long...

Yeah, teeing up the stream rip was the hard part, basically refreshed autechre.ws every minute or so approaching 8:00 until the link became available, fired it up in Winamp, then fired up Streamripper. I must not have been a quick draw, though I don't think it was *too* far off from the start. Since it picked up partway through the first song I cleaned up the stream rip by applying a fade-in using mp3directcut (no re-encoding). Just out of curiosity, how were you able to record from the absolute beginning (was there intro silence)?

Streamripper stops recording once the stream ends, so end of the stream rip = the end of the broadcast.

I plan to make a cue file of the stream rip with cue points every 15 minutes just for my own for listening/bookmark purposes, so if anyone wants a copy let me know. Could be helpful for doing the tracklist (you guyz is crazy, but...)

p.s. is this an extended version of Uviol? Feels pretty long...

I'm at home downloading your stream rip now. I'll verify when it's done.

I had the webpage open on auto refresh every 15 sec and I got the link immediately after a manual refresh.. loaded it up and instantly pressed record in Adobe Audition. I think I missed 20 seconds, at most. <insert big e-peen here>

When establishing a tracklist it's good to know which rip people are using to identify their contributions.. 4 minutes difference in two rips is a lot when it comes to identification :)

I'll stick with your rip fo sho.

Archived