IGNORED

Quaristice Euro Tour 2008

Fredd-E

http://youtube.com/group/quaristicetour

Feel free to add more related videos to this group if you come across some (or post links to them in this thread so I can add them). Some of these have really nice quality by the way!

(for example this,

and this one have nice quality; there are more nice ones as well so check it out!)

wish a soundboard recording of the tour would show up already, instead of dodgy youtubes. hope ae makes a stop up here again sometime in teh future.

well yes a soundboard recording would be epic.. but still quite frankly some of these youtube videos do have quite ok quality (compared to regular overly distorted youtube vids) and it's great to hear the immense atmosphere as well! :)

besides, maybe AE have future plans with some of their recordings? I reckon they record all their live shows on dat tape... and maybe they've specifically asked to not have the venue record desk recordings because of their plans...

How cool would it be if they release some soundboards after their tour for free on the internets? :)

But I'm afraid that'll never happen because they've said they prefer audience recordings above desk recordings due to the atmosphere etc. And they'll never give out their new material for free anyways, I suppose.

I saw them in Antwerp, Belgium last friday and they we're absolutely amazing. Best live Autechre I've heard so far.

I was there too. Best AE experience for me as well. Previous times were at Dour and at Reset festival in Brussels. This time it was a lot hard very hard and a lot more danceable. Especially the part at about 10-15 mins in their set. Crazy buildup, crowd went nuts!

Guest Morgoth

Was there too, amazing set but a bit short, i think it was only 55 minutes or so. Third time I saw them (petrol and Schaarbeek).

Did anyone notice that during SND's set the decibel-counter was totally shaking for half a minute or so (I believe about 10 minutes into their set)? Never experienced such bass.

Was there too, amazing set but a bit short, i think it was only 55 minutes or so. Third time I saw them (petrol and Schaarbeek).

Did anyone notice that during SND's set the decibel-counter was totally shaking for half a minute or so (I believe about 10 minutes into their set)? Never experienced such bass.

I think it was only 50 minutes at most. Pity. And what about SND; only 25 minutes I think?! Weren't both supposed to be 1h sets?

Also I never heard SND before and I really enjoyed their sounds. The sound technicians also did a great job during both sets.

And uhm decibel-counter?! Was there even a sound-limit? I thought the volume was extreme loud. More than loud enough. (A lot louder than for example the sound at breakcore gives me wood parties in Vooruit; Gent)

Guest Morgoth

right behind the sound engineer there was a db meter, mostly at 90 during Rob Hall, 90-95 durin SND and around 100 during Ae. The paper that I saw haning around said indeed both sets were supposed to be 1hr. Nevertheless, it was one hell of a set Ae played and SND didn't dissappoint me either (and rob Hall was solid as usual).

woah in one of those videos there is an insane jungle lilke song

im going to be using one of these PCM-D1-lg.jpg costs $1500 and is ridiculously high quality and great for recording loud concerts. I plan to record the San francisco show with one of these, i think after the initial bouncer shakedown once i get in and out privalages to leave i will bring it back in sneakily

can't you just ask the sound guy if you can plug it into the board?

I am just going to offer the sound guy in DC 20 smacks for a recording.

can't you just ask the sound guy if you can plug it into the board?

I am just going to offer the sound guy in DC 20 smacks for a recording.

or offer him smack, some sound guys are really sleazy

Guest Enter a new display name

Poll of the day: Would you give your LTD Quaristice copy for a soundboard recording?

Wow, I'm really digging some of those videos! Thanks, Fredd!

No problem. Just added 8 new videos to the group. 8 parts by MikaTechnika of Autechre @Budapest, Merlin Club 2008. Seems to be 20 minutes of decent quality. Nice!

It's cool to hear that all of the sets seem to contain a lot of different material... I don't recognize anything from these 8 parts at all...

damn thats the first time ive heard autechre so blatantly reusing material in a live set, that IO part sounds identical to how it did in 2005. I hope this is the only recycled bit from the untilted tour in the set.

That's what I was saying to you last night after you sent me that one youtube video. :wink2: Totally whack of them. Homeboys have maxed out the potential of their Elektron gear. Time to move on.

Guest dangulberry

damn thats the first time ive heard autechre so blatantly reusing material in a live set, that IO part sounds identical to how it did in 2005. I hope this is the only recycled bit from the untilted tour in the set.

That's what I was saying to you last night after you sent me that one youtube video. :wink2: Totally whack of them. Homeboys have maxed out the potential of their Elektron gear. Time to move on.

Bullshheeeet.

Budapest vids are great, ta.

Wow, I'm really digging some of those videos! Thanks, Fredd!

No problem. Just added 8 new videos to the group. 8 parts by MikaTechnika of Autechre @Budapest, Merlin Club 2008. Seems to be 20 minutes of decent quality. Nice!

It's cool to hear that all of the sets seem to contain a lot of different material... I don't recognize anything from these 8 parts at all...

im recognizing 3-4 parts from these new 8 videos from previous clips on youtube. Its most likely a static set similar to the untilted 2005 set. i suspect Sean has his elektrons simultaneously on "song mode" and doesnt change that 'song' flow too much as the tour goes on

Archived