IGNORED

MOTHERFUCKING WARP SPOILED MY QUARISTICE SPECIAL EDITION

lumpenprol

So I finally came back to the US and went straightaway to the post office to pick up my special edition Quaristice. I went straight for the slipcase for the bonus disc, took it out with trembling fingers, and placed it gingerly in my stereo. Hmm, it sounded just like the album, I thought. Popped it out and realized it was the album, placed in the wrong slipcase. Fearing maybe I got two album discs and no bonus disc, I pulled out the first slipcase and tried to remove the disc. It wouldn't budge. Finally I coaxed it free. To my horror, it had a horizontal spattering of slipcase glue all across the playing surface. Evidently they were in such haste to send the orders out they literally jammed the disc in the slipcase before the glue had dried. I have no idea how to get the gummy stuff off without harming the disc.

FUCK YOU WARP!!!!!

Guest PusillanimousRex

Compact discs are completely waterproof and washable. Immerse it in a bowl of lukewarm water with gentle dish soap and let it soak for an hour, then try rubbing the glue off with a soft cloth while it's still wet. It might not be the best solvent for glue like that, but it might work.

So I finally came back to the US and went straightaway to the post office to pick up my special edition Quaristice. I went straight for the slipcase for the bonus disc, took it out with trembling fingers, and placed it gingerly in my stereo. Hmm, it sounded just like the album, I thought. Popped it out and realized it was the album, placed in the wrong slipcase. Fearing maybe I got two album discs and no bonus disc, I pulled out the first slipcase and tried to remove the disc. It wouldn't budge. Finally I coaxed it free. To my horror, it had a horizontal spattering of slipcase glue all across the playing surface. Evidently they were in such haste to send the orders out they literally jammed the disc in the slipcase before the glue had dried. I have no idea how to get the gummy stuff off without harming the disc.

FUCK YOU WARP!!!!!

Are you going to the autechre show tonight? what do you look like?

Guest Caustic

You've got it all wrong. It's supposed to come with glue on the disc.

Some new avant-garde thing they've got going on. Try playing it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Pirtek

At long last I've finally got my Ltd edition Quaristice cds!!!!!!!!!

(my original copy got lost in the post so I had to wait for a new one to be made. It came today!!!!!!!!)

:yeah:

(my original copy got lost in the post so I had to wait for a new one to be made. It came today!!!!!!!!)

Well well well so that's what limited edition really means after all.

that what' you get when you order "warp"

LOL!

Not sure if this will remedy your particular sitch but a friend of mine who subscribes to video game magazines often had trouble getting the media that came with each edition to play in his computer/xbox/etc... He would get a pot of water boiling and drop it in for a couple of minutes to remove residue from the disc. YMMV

Archived