IGNORED

alva noto: unitxt

Guest moo duck

Guest moo duck

Raster-Noton keeps pace after recent Ryoji Ikeda, CoH and Kangding Ray. this time new Alva Noto's work and it will be more in November with Xerrox vol.2

Tracklisting:

Unitxt

1 U_07 (7:57)

2 U_06 (2:07)

3 U_04 (5:15)

4 U_09-1-2 (4:48)

5 U_08-1 (3:13)

6 U_03 (4:30)

7 U_08 (5:37)

8 U_01-2-0 (4:00)

9 U_05 (3:20)

10 U_09-0 (3:53)

11 [silence]

Unitxt Code (Data To Aiff)

12 60308_47 (0:13)

13 838TP7cdp (0:04)

14 Enigma4.0 (0:05)

15 Fontlab4.0 (0:51)

16 Hyperengine (0:10)

17 Entourage (0:54)

18 Excel (1:07)

19 Powerpoint (0:45)

20 Word (1:41)

21 Monitortest (0:06)

22 Morse (0:08)

23 Prototype6_isdn (0:08)

24 Serialbox (0:29)

25 Soundmaker (0:07)

26 Spray16x9s (1:07)

Raster-Noton keeps pace after recent Ryoji Ikeda, CoH and Kangding Ray. this time new Alva Noto's work and it will be more in November with Xerrox vol.2

I love his stuff, this should be good!

Guest CATS

noto makes very good stuff and raster is packaged very well, but its usually expensive and not full albums

Guest telikan

Leakies. The Unitxt portion sounds more industrial than his other work and even more German. By the end of it I was honestly ready to get to the Code portion for some more active listening.

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

I'm so happy that raster-noton is releasing a lot of good stuff recently.

I wonder how Xerrox 2 will sound..

Guest bitroast

this album is realllly good!

second half is a bit of a piss take though. i spent ages doing that stuff myself. theres no effort involved.

Guest philia

this new one is a bit too aggressive for me. i like alva noto's more minimal side. xerrox vol 1 is my fave by him. looking forward to vol 2

Guest Tetracore
this new one is a bit too aggressive for me. i like alva noto's more minimal side. xerrox vol 1 is my fave by him. looking forward to vol 2

xerrox volume one is a wonderful, beautiful piece, but his industrial-type sounds on this and the transall series are phenomenal. One of the best of the year, by far.

Guest telikan

I feel like his sounds are still getting more and more refined, so I'd be psyched if he did another collaboration with Opiate, because I felt like some of the awesome sub-bass was missing on those first two records. Next to Sakamoto, I think that was his best and dynamic collaboration, cause it was really nice to hear him work so well with guitar samples and stuff.

i wonder if i'll should listen to this, i'm not really a fan currently of this harsh sound. even though i like alva noto's other stuff, like xerrox, which is awesome and the stuff he did with sakamata, which is excellent. i guess i'll get to this someday.

Guest telikan

I'd say it's only about as hard as something like Transrapid, or the toughest of CoH. The german spoken word kind of makes it seem a little more grrrrr though.

Guest moo duck

you mean those two tracks? it's clearly french. probably by comedian, called Anne-James Chaton.

and here his stuff has more of fatness, not harsh-

Guest telikan

haha, listening again it clearly is french, but I only listened to the album once before. plus, drunk post. anyway, I just think it makes the tracks sound kind of grave and serious.

Guest Tetracore
I feel like his sounds are still getting more and more refined, so I'd be psyched if he did another collaboration with Opiate, because I felt like some of the awesome sub-bass was missing on those first two records. Next to Sakamoto, I think that was his best and dynamic collaboration, cause it was really nice to hear him work so well with guitar samples and stuff.

didn't dig the Knak collab, just couldn't get into it. I love his and Ikeda's work on Cyclo. though.

Guest telikan

Just saw that this is also being released on 2xLP. Just the Unitxt portion, no Unitxt Code (Data to AIFF).

Archived