IGNORED

alva noto: unitxt

Guest moo duck

Guest moo duck

Byetone tracks Capture This (II) & Grand Style actually pretty much beat the fuck out of new alva.

• 5 months later...

i actually steered clear of this until today because what i had in my head was an album of guess which triplet this particular kickdrum is part of, like an academic, dry collection of confield covers.

but this album is amazing! wow! i'm pissed off i've been missing out for so long, but very happy that i have discovered this. fucking hell.

Guest Enter a new display name
you mean those two tracks? it's clearly french. probably by comedian, called Anne-James Chaton.

and here his stuff has more of fatness, not harsh-

haha, listening again it clearly is french, but I only listened to the album once before. plus, drunk post. anyway, I just think it makes the tracks sound kind of grave and serious.

This is mostly a bunch of numbers with some mailing vocabulary. The man even says Alva Noto's real name once.

Guest Enter a new display name
Whoever owns this on CD - Have you tried converting the tracks back into the original files ? I wonder if there's anything interesting in there...

Who the fuck would do this? lol

I would. Are you not even remotely curious to find out what the files contain, I mean something like Spray16x9s could be anything especially how long the track is, it could be an application that Alvo Noto uses, some sort of video clip, who knows ?

By the same token, i'd love someone to convert Gescom's - R M I Corporate Id 1 back into its original format. It's clearly a music application document due to the structure of the track - noise -> very quick samples -> noise, it's very similar to the way that tracker files used to sound when you loaded them into a sample player.

Whoever owns this on CD - Have you tried converting the tracks back into the original files ? I wonder if there's anything interesting in there...

Who the fuck would do this? lol

am laughing at this for some reasonzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• 2 weeks later...

i'm now completely addicted to this album.

it scratches the same sorta bone-dry, slightly uncomfortable listening techno itch that snd does for me.

so is all alva noto like this stuff?

From what I've heard of his solo stuff yep, though I'm not really a fan of it. However his Xerrox vol.1 is nothing like his usual stuff and is absolutely beautiful (it's noisy ambient drone loveliness)

Archived