POST YOUR MOST RECENT PIC!

Guest boo

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Iain C

I cut the majority of my hair off:

shrt.jpg

It's been years and years since I had hair this short and it's really fun. Also, my camera's fucked and my phone takes crap pictures!

Guest Iain C
...ha

really? this is you? ha.

No, it's actually a pic from 2 years and 30 pounds ago I'm just posting for attention.

Oh snap!

were you inspired by that hand-video I made a while ago? It would have needed to be much longer but the track's still creepy.

Awesome man, how on earth did you do that. I've been trying to achieve something like that for a while now.

compression is always nice. wmv compression especially, it's the most organic. were you inspired by that hand-video I made a while ago? It would have needed to be much longer but the track's still creepy.

I did see that! I think I even favorited it. I'd like to make a longer video in the style of that little bit of messing around I did there.

Have you seen Kanye West's annoying appropriation of "data moshing"?

how is that annoying? If you ask me thats about as tasteful as you can get for a mainstream rap music video.

Guest Glass Plate

to just constantly use already accomplished ideas/things from the art world and claim it as your own?

Kanye West is absurdly far from being original, just likes to drop lots of money on big names. (often has multiple major people do music videos for him then only picks one) (Such as having Gondry do a video then using a Bill Plympton video instead)

Not to mention it's not even a real rap video, it's just pop music thus not being "tasteful for a rap video". 2nd, it's still really boring material to use that effect on.

(this was all in response to 240/420 orange)

Not to mention it's not even a real rap video, it's just pop music thus not being "tasteful for a rap video". 2nd, it's still really boring material to use that effect on.

Ok, pop video. whatever. Its still the only time anyone has ever used that sort of compression in the mainstream in that way. And no its not perfect, boohoo. At least tts not girls, shiny shit, clubs, cars and dancing.

to just constantly use already accomplished ideas/things from the art world and claim it as your own?

i swear you use that argument for every single artists youve ever argued against. Every artist has appropriated ideas/content from other artists since the beginning of time.

Kanye West is absurdly far from being original, just likes to drop lots of money on big names. (often has multiple major people do music videos for him then only picks one) (Such as having Gondry do a video then using a Bill Plympton video instead)

i never said he was original, nor that he made the video.

Every artist has appropriated ideas/content from other artists since the beginning of time.

Is that even logically possible?

Guest Glass Plate

That's the problem, he DIDN'T make the video. I'm all for appropriation (when done right) and creative artists in the mainstream. The problem is Kanye West hires these big names to do creative videos for him, and then acts like he's the creative force behind these creations, and that they're all his. Not to mention this isn't the first example of this in the main stream; Chairlift's recent video, earlier unreleased versions of MGMT's videos had it, and a bunch of others I'm not going to take the time to find again. That being said, it's not even a creation by any specific person, it's a naturally occuring event with AVI codecs when keyframes are faltered. The only part that's being appropriated is to use this glitch for extra imagery which it's not big deal to jump on the wagon of having fun with it, it's just that's all he's doing: joining the band wagon. It's completly done, boring and isn't even that well received by a lot of his fans, and the art world hates it because he's a dick.

Archived