IGNORED

Which is BoC's "Ziggomatic"?

oyster

this has nothing to do with complexity...but could "Basefree" be considered BoC trying out dubstep?

If so, place the Prime Audio Soup Remix in that category.

You could...but that track is much more classic BoC style creepy trip-hop...basefree has more specifically the quick shuffling rhythms and sad sounding chords of dubstep. But then again, dubstep wasn't really existent in '95, so it can't be dubstep. It is proto-step!

this has nothing to do with complexity...but could "Basefree" be considered BoC trying out dubstep?

If so, place the Prime Audio Soup Remix in that category.

You could...but that track is much more classic BoC style creepy trip-hop...basefree has more specifically the quick shuffling rhythms and sad sounding chords of dubstep. But then again, dubstep wasn't really existent in '95, so it can't be dubstep. It is proto-step!

I see what you mean about Bassfree now. Although I don't know if I would call the Prime Audio Soup remix classic BoC. None of their other songs have a bass line quite like that. Then again it's definitely not dubstep. I think it's best to not try to classify BoC songs.

props to proto-step lol.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest all_purpose_sandpaper

what about that 12 minute live track? there is alot of organic stuff there, but then again its a long one (like xyz) and length lends itself to complication.

ostre blows my mind consistently. is like an acid trip in 5 and half mins.

ostre? is this old tunes?

oscar see through red eye of course

you should get your facts straight, your shame is a sort of sick fluid which is soaking the very paper this forum is printed on

Guest all_purpose_sandpaper
oscar see through red eye of course

you should get your facts straight, your shame is a sort of sick fluid which is soaking the very paper this forum is printed on

you are an urban attention seeker, and most likely wear a ball cap with the sideways slant of a hip-hop dandy.

i think there's complexity for the sake of being complex, and then there's complexity of the type where you say "how the fuck did they ever conceive of that"? The former would have stuff like ostre, but I don't think that's a very musically interesting track. The latter would have stuff like Telephasic Workshop, Nlogax, June 9th, etc - all the deceptively simple ones that are musically very sturdy. I guess Julie and Candy is one of those that's sort of both. Sonically complex/multilayered but it sounds pretty damn good too.

• 2 weeks later...
telephasic workshop, and eagle in your mind.

those vocal drum beats take some time.

Very good point with An Eagle In Your Mind. I forgot he used his gf's voice for that. It's definitely up there in terms of difficulty and innovation.

Archived