IGNORED

future music mag remix (AFX/tuss like)

khov

I still don't think it's what people say it is, I know that's a woefully unpopular opinion round here, but there we go

you don't think it's aphex??

Guest joshier

i don't know about you guys, but luke vibert must have known it was aphex all along. it sounds like him and why would any normal female musician be into such weird diverse acid lines and shit.

Anyway, i think the song is shit.. its like a lot of the analord stuff in my opinion. it might be fun to make, but to buy it.. not interested.

I still don't think it's what people say it is, I know that's a woefully unpopular opinion round here, but there we go

Could be AFX, but not the award winning remix of yore... I don't hear any element of Sci-Fi Staircase in that tune really.

Could be AFX, but not the award winning remix of yore... I don't hear any element of Sci-Fi Staircase in that tune really.

lol, it's an aphex remix - since when do his remixes sound anything like the original? and there are snippets of sci-fi staircase pads in there i think...

lol, it's an aphex remix - since when do his remixes sound anything like the original? and there are snippets of sci-fi staircase pads in there i think...

also possibly the finger snaps

A fair point but Aphex's remixes are usually at least a little faithful when he's doing it for his mates

It just irks me that it's taken as gospel as that track being the Sci -Fi Staircase remix.. I do think it's clearly AFX but could just be any random track as far as I'm concerned! Will listen for the pads / finger snaps when I get back from work

um, get fresh ears. how can you miss the melody?

and the ending sequence (at the very end of the track) he played re-worked in his 07' minehead set right before synthacon. smooth jazz

What melody? I really don't think it's there. There's no element of the original I can pick up on. The high circular melody in Sci-Fi, I've listened to that track a thousand times, it's not in the rather straightforward acid banger everyone harps on about.

Guest Pete is your friend

wow, we are really hurting for some new afx. this shania twain track is the tuss before the tuss was the tuss.

um, get fresh ears. how can you miss the melody?

and the ending sequence (at the very end of the track) he played re-worked in his 07' minehead set right before synthacon. smooth jazz

I have to agree, it does definitely have some elements of the original track here

The beginning of the track starts with the melody from Sci-Fi Staircase, the synth line then comes in again shortly afterwards and is used a few more times in the first section. The rest of the track bears little resemblance though. If you're going to question anything, how about where the clip we've got originated from? A full length version would be good...!

The beginning of the track starts with the melody from Sci-Fi Staircase, the synth line then comes in again shortly afterwards and is used a few more times in the first section. The rest of the track bears little resemblance though. If you're going to question anything, how about where the clip we've got originated from? A full length version would be good...!

original thread discussing the track

it was pulled from a Vibert set

Archived