IGNORED

salvia divinorum

Guest 776

Alrighty. Any big salvia fans/users out there? Discussion of salvia turns me on, so let us discuss. Theories about the nature of salvia? Mindblowing trips you'd like to share?

It's generally accepted as the most potent drug known by us (as in, the most "intense" experience.) I've tried a shit ton of drugs and I can't come to a better conclusion than that. The trip is so profound, so unknown and uncomfortable. It pulls me into a tide in which I'm completely helpless. Many describe salvia as a living being, commonly Lady Salvia. That's exactly how I feel about it. It has a voice, and it leaves you no choice but to believe in what it tells you. My most intense experience was on dry leaf topped with a little 10x extract. It was the scariest, most dire, and most panicky experience I've ever had. As I smoked, I felt the familiar being jerked into a perpetual world of information chaos. At a certain point, this submission took over completely as if I'd crossed the boundary of what I could handle. Then, for the next five or so minutes, I was trapped, having forgotten that I'd smoked salvia and having no clue what was happening to me or why. My reality was a demonic repitition. I was given the impression that something had picked me up off the earth. That something told me that I would be experiencing this perpetuation for eternity and that I would never get a chance to say goodbye to anyone or tell them what had happened. It was despicably hopeless.

I'm not entirely sure whether my senses during that trip were human sense or if they were completely new ones that I can't recall the nature of (for obvious reasons.) Whatever I was experiencing at the time, I have no way of knowing remotely what it felt like. I just remember it being impossible to deal with, like it was some kind of sadistic overlord using me for its enjoyment.

It amazes me that this stuff even exists......

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Rightsidedrive

I had tried 15x once mixed with some hydro, so the effect of salvia was somewhat lost.

About a year ago, a couple of college friends and me decided to all chip in for some 40x salvia.

Me being the guinea pig type decided I would go first. I really had no idea what to expect, but I thought nothing of the situation.

I lit up the pipe with the flametorch while the others looked on. I held the smoke in, only taking in a average amount.

For about 2 seconds I was still aware, I looked over at my companions, smiled, and then my conscious perspective began to fold backwards upon itself. Suddenly I felt like only my mind was in this other realm, and it was rotating slowly in a circular motion. I was connected to millions of other beings, we were all dressed the same and attaching ourselves to each other, rotating constantly. The image was no clear, but rather cubic, I only saw red and white. I realized that "beings" were harvesting us humans, we were being called back to some foreign planet. Space ships were being created out of hundreds of thousands of attached humans. And constantly with the rotation, I was being connected to everything in the room, it was all one thing, folding upon itself, I was not important, my fear did not matter, everything had this fear and confusion of realizing it was just an experiment or crop of sorts.

Eventually I came to and I was on the floor, in a sort of muslim prayer position.

I've had experiences afterwards with 60x, yet this first one was the most intense.

Truly incredible stuff. :ok:

One day I will probably try it. It just looks really dodgy. Ill stick to Acid.

I mean just look at this guy.

"THE CEILING JOE!"

Fucks sake.

keltoi: I respect your decision to stay away from it. But salvia is not an inherently unpleasant drug. I realize my first post did exactly support that point. But rest assured, salvia can create a blissful experience and often has.

I think the biggest factor in why I had a horrible trip was that I forgot I'd smoked salvia soon after I started coming up. Simply put, I was oblivious to anything I had done to cause that insane reality. In more recent experiences, I've set my mind to focusing on the act of smoking and the object of salvia in general, and that has really helped my experiences.

One day I will probably try it. It just looks really dodgy. Ill stick to Acid.

I mean just look at this guy.

"THE CEILING JOE!"

Fucks sake.

I hate when retards post videos of themselves on the net with their friends laughing like dorks in the background. Fuck.

Guest JW Modestburns
keltoi: I respect your decision to stay away from it. But salvia is not an inherently unpleasant drug. I realize my first post did exactly support that point. But rest assured, salvia can create a blissful experience and often has.

I think the biggest factor in why I had a horrible trip was that I forgot I'd smoked salvia soon after I started coming up. Simply put, I was oblivious to anything I had done to cause that insane reality. In more recent experiences, I've set my mind to focusing on the act of smoking and the object of salvia in general, and that has really helped my experiences.

indeed, I haven't smoked any in a while but ive had some very good experiences with salvia, and some scary ones also. I find nice positive sounding ambient music helps guide your trip in a good direction.

ive been improving my gardening skills recently, right now i have successfully growing 6 mature salvia plants. I attempted a 40 leaf quid, but could not get more than 20 leaves into my mouth. As soon as the juice hit the back of my throat i puked, automatic gag reflex. The shamans who do this must have an amazing resilience to horrible acrid flavors

i havent smoked it in a while. Its hard for me to get pleasurable effects these days from smoking it. thats why ive been experimenting with oral uses, but so far only the overly expensive tincture has worked in that regard, but it burns the shit out of my mouth.

does anybody else find that the flavor of the smoke of salvia has a drastic effect on the trip itself. It's beyond the average synesthasia effect

As soon as the juice hit the back of my throat i puked, automatic gag reflex. The shamans who do this must have an amazing resilience to horrible acrid flavors

no shit? I thing salvia leaves have a wonderful flavor. It's not even as bitter as most leaves are. Try chewing on calimus root..

Guest thechintzyschpincter

the stuff is kinda cool for awhile but i mean, its like a pussy psychedelic.

man up and do some peyote or mesc. theres a real trip for you.

i just find it funny that up here in canada they sell the stuff (10,20,40x) at local variety stores.

but yeah, do real drugs instead

let me tell you i sell more salvia than anything in my store besides maybe detox products.

we sell all kinds of salvia extracts here now.. all the way up to some $90 per gram shit. only hardcore gangmembers and indians smoke that shit though. the rest of my salvia customers are shy nerds and marines.

i just find it funny that up here in canada they sell the stuff (10,20,40x) at local variety stores.

what are you, 18 or something? retard.

lol the thing about salvia is i just can't handle that shit any more. i can't handle dxm either. if i'm going to trip i want something that i'm more than likely to actually enjoy.

Guest hahathhat

i tried salvia twice, don't think i hit it hard/enough though. just felt like my head was being stretched around. i tried to explain it to the people watching me, and they all thought it was hilarious. i had a hard time stringing a sentence together -- inside my head too -- but i knew where i was, what i was doing, and i thought it was pretty hilarious too.

reading what people have said about more intense experiences, it does remind me how you can kind of get "stuck" in some gibbering mess of misfiring synapses. generally happens when you have a high fever, trip, sometimes when really stoned, and when on the edge of being asleep, somewhere between awake and dreaming. this is quite hard to write about, which is why i'm trying... help me sort it out a bit. you get the notion into your head... that you HAVE to do something. because otherwise, something dire will happen, you'll die, you'll go insane, your family will be turned into robots... or you just HAVE to, and there isn't even a coherent reason. it's just the thing to do, and you Know this.

this can take the form of a thought loop. once, i had a really high fever, courtesy of food poisoning. i decided i was an assembly line, and i had to move my hands in a certain pattern, in order to keep the assembly line moving. i don't know how long i was doing that -- it could have been a while -- but my mom came in to check on me, saw me moving my assembly line, and promptly freaked. i explained to her that i had to keep the assembly line moving, but letting go of the situation for that brief moment, to put a sentence together and say it, was enough to snap me out of it. i was back in reality, and went to take a bath.

even more insidious than the thought loop - for me, anyways - is when what i HAVE to do is more like a checklist. i can't even explain it, except to say, never feel more like i'm using the rational part of my mind as a weapon than when i'm doing that. it would be total panic, except i'm so intensely absorbed in the process i don't have any room for any emotion except a deep throbbing tension. the walls are slowly closing in on your sanity, and you have to scramble to get out. cornily, all i may have to fear is fear itself. i've never gone insane from any of it, no matter how loco it's gotten, but if i feel the walls closing in, i don't sit around.

actually, this stuff can be intensely positive, too! i've had thought loops that were absolutely hilarious, and one where i started to have a lot of deep revelations about the nature of time. but, i don't like the shit ones, the panic ones. they're usually a waste of time, just a lot of mental goulash. maybe it makes you develop some grit, work your brain out, but meh.

shrooms, lsd -- good ones. from what people are saying here, salvia -- bad ones.

life is precious, don't waste it on shit drugs. there's a reason salvia is still legal.

there's a reason salvia is still legal.

true, but i don't accept the paradigm that its only still legal because its not fun or its a 'bad drug'

its a very niche drug, smoke shops try to market it towards pot heads by calling it things like 'super sticky' but i personally think thats a terrible idea. It should only be used by people who desire an extremely intense and mostly unpredictable ego dissolving psychedelic experience. There isn't a huge percentage of the drug population who would want this.

On the other hand 1 in 6 people don't seem to be able to get the full effect off any type of salvia preparation. For me personally a bowl of dried salvia leaf, not extract is enough for a very strong trip.

Shrooms, lsd and other tryptamines can be used in certain settings as purely recreational. you can take a small amount and enjoy a music concert or something similar. With salvia there really isnt the option of doing this, you do not know where the drug is going to take you.

I would take shrooms over pretty much any drug offered to me. Make a fat pot of tea and just take it little by little starting early in the day. Preferably sunny and with friends. Just gradually work your way onto them. Its truly hilarious. Though I did throw my copy of the Watchmen out of the window once on shrooms. We were talking about it too deeply and a friends eyes got a little misty so I had to take drastic measures. And a different time a guy I was tripping with drank smoke machine fluid. And on another occasion at a festival I saw a poo monster. Basically, salvia just doesn't seem to match up to that kind of banter. So fuck it. And really if you want to be introspective you don't need to take drugs. Just get up really early and watch the sun come up.

Edit: That last bit sounded way gay but its true.

You haven't broken through yet.

Salvia is a hell of a real drug. It's a monster.

but, i don't like the shit ones, the panic ones. they're usually a waste of time, just a lot of mental goulash. maybe it makes you develop some grit, work your brain out, but meh.

shrooms, lsd -- good ones. from what people are saying here, salvia -- bad ones.

life is precious, don't waste it on shit drugs. there's a reason salvia is still legal.

Profound experiences like the one I described are very valuable to me. They give me new appreciation and challenge me to adapt. Of course, not everyone benefits from every negative experience.

you must be into the hardcore shit like doing Datura with 40 hits of acid

he just doesn't know what he's talking about. on a side note, that does sound mindblowing.

ive been doing salvia for years now, since at least 1999 when it first started to "blow up"

again, its alright. ive had my trips with it but its not a life altering experience. you feel like you're being pulled through a tunnel. you laugh, you cry and 5 minutes later you're sober and realizing how big of a knob you just looked like

if you want a real "life altering" trip then yeah, datura, peyote, mesc are key here

also, salvia is not a monster of a drug. if i can walk into my local store and buy some chips, candy and a gram bag of the shit, then um its not a big deal. theres a reason they dont sell peyote buttons at variety stores

do you know how long it takes to schedule something as a narcotic?

not very long in the case of something like 2ct7 which became illegal only a year after someone apparently died on it.

The DEA used a term called 'emergency scheduling' to put it as a schedule 1 substance within 30 days of their announcement

i think as soon as a kid dies on it, which imo is very likely to happen at some point, ithe media will jump on board create a hysteria and it will shortly become scheduled. Its already illegal in several states in the US under their own state laws.

below dea announcement

Alert: DEA Moves to Schedule 2C-T-7

Addendum Sept. 2002: 2C-T-7 Scheduled.

(In another notice also published today, the DEA declared its intention to place the drugs BZP and TFMPP into Schedule I. To read that notice, see 67 Federal Register 47341-47343, July 18, 2002).)

The US Drug Enforcement Administration today published notice that it intends to place the drug 2C-T-7 into Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act.

2C-T-7 is being scheduled pursuant to the DEA’s emergency scheduling powers, meaning that the scheduling could take effect in as early as 30 days (August 17, 2002).

The DEA’s notice states the factual basis behind its decision to schedule 2C-T-7.

To the extent that any of the information relied upon by the DEA may be inaccurate, the Center for Cognitive Liberty & Ethics (CCLE) and the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) are seeking your help in correcting the record.

one of the main reasons it hasnt become scheduled yet besides someone not dying a terrible death on it, is that its not addictive in at all, in some ways its anti addictive. and its not a recreational drug in the standard way.

do you know how long it takes to schedule something as a narcotic?

im canadian. we're not nazi's up here when it comes to harmless substances. you have to realize that its pretty much accepted by all, including the police, the minor possession of pot isnt even worth writing up. whereas down in the police state of america, minor possession may equal a mandatory minimum

Archived