IGNORED

salvia divinorum

Guest 776

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i have no urge what so ever to do this shit.

heroin is way cooler.

good/bad news for ya! Salvia is a proven way to get rid of a heroin addiction. It tackles the same receptor, but on the complete contrary is not physically addictive and is a potentially very dysphoric experience. By replacing every heroin dose with a Salvinorin A dose, you're heroin need gets satisfied while simultaneously scaring you away from such satisfaction. This is the word of a friend who is very knowledgable in this area; I may cite sources if I find the time. According to him, this has been used clinically and proven quite effective. So yeh know, in case you get bored of heroin, you might consider trying salvia to knock out two birds with one stone.

i want to interject that ive had quite a few visual hallucinations on salvia, mostly closed eye but extremely vivid of beautiful woven patterns made of gold and gems, fractal cartoon characters and other very lsd like things. I think a lot of the comparisons to a derliant drug like datura come from the fact that ego loss happens so abruptly on salvia experiences that one doesnt even have time to realize the hallucinations are indeed hallucinations, they take on a very 'real' character much more quickly than one on LSD or mushrooms. Not to say that if you were sober and saw the same visual hallucinations you would get confused, because they tend to be extremely abstract. Its just that under the influence of it's mental effects you get sucked into them very easily.

for example if i was sober and i saw 500 log cabins in a darkened sound stage lined up on an infinitely long strip of astro turf and a duplicate of my old roommate tony flamer coming out of each doorway in sequential order i would probably know i was hallucinating. While on salvia the same experience would be me deducing my entire reality to a series of log cabins

keltoi: I respect your decision to stay away from it. But salvia is not an inherently unpleasant drug. I realize my first post did exactly support that point. But rest assured, salvia can create a blissful experience and often has.

I think the biggest factor in why I had a horrible trip was that I forgot I'd smoked salvia soon after I started coming up. Simply put, I was oblivious to anything I had done to cause that insane reality. In more recent experiences, I've set my mind to focusing on the act of smoking and the object of salvia in general, and that has really helped my experiences.

don't get me wrong i've done it, as well as peyote, mescalin, ayahuasca, various shroom types, various tabs and microdots and liquids.

i have no need to do any of it anymore ever again.

if i 'learned' anything(since people are talking about lessons learned) is there's nothing actually worth learning from any of this stuff, beyond a deluded sense of worldy (and other-worldy oooo) understanding... and that our brains are complex and vulnerable in equal measure.

and yeah, most people that spin out can be calmed by reminding them what they've taken and that eventually (hopefully) it'll wear off... sometimes it doesn't though.

as long as you know you could permanently shock yourself from what you see on these journeys.

sounds heavy cos it is. i think doing any of this stuff everyday for a prolonged period of time means you've lost the due care and respect you should have with it.

if i 'learned' anything(since people are talking about lessons learned) is there's nothing actually worth learning from any of this stuff, beyond a deluded sense of worldy (and other-worldy oooo) understanding... and that our brains are complex and vulnerable in equal measure.

This is so true.

Guest hahathhat

i disagree somewhat, i can get very rigid and set in patterns. acid, shrooms are very useful for reconsidering things i wouldn't normally think to reconsider.

i guess that's not learning something, though.

Guest countchocula
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimethyltryptamine I've never done or seen this stuff but apparently its pretty intense. The host of fear factor joe rogan did it and ranted on the radio one day about how he did it and talked to a "higher being" and truly hallucinated. Not patterns or trails but seeing a whole other reality and not being able to distinguish it from real life.

And when it all goes wrong it's very scary. My brain's really not cut out for heavy psychedelic use. A lot of self-proclaimed seekers "psychonauts" or whatever just strike me as very naive.

don't get me wrong i've done it, as well as peyote, mescalin, ayahuasca, various shroom types, various tabs and microdots and liquids.

i have no need to do any of it anymore ever again.

and yeah, most people that spin out can be calmed by reminding them what they've taken and that eventually (hopefully) it'll wear off... sometimes it doesn't though.

as long as you know you could permanently shock yourself from what you see on these journeys.

sounds heavy cos it is. i think doing any of this stuff everyday for a prolonged period of time means you've lost the due care and respect you should have with it.

Valuable words. Should be heard be all drug users now and then. We all (hopefully) know that there's not one right way to be introspective. You seem to have found your preference.

countchocula: Yep, DMT is often considered the most potent psychedelic known to us (given that salvia isn't officially classified as a psychedelic.) I've never done it myself. I can't wait to try, actually.

And when it all goes wrong it's very scary. My brain's really not cut out for heavy psychedelic use. A lot of self-proclaimed seekers "psychonauts" or whatever just strike me as very naive.

i definitely was naive when i started doing psychedelics. in an egotistical manner i went about it like, well these drugs arent physically harmful or addictive so what could possibly go wrong with them? Until i experienced a full ego shattering i had no idea that yes these drugs could actually drive one insane.

countchocula: Yep, DMT is often considered the most potent psychedelic known to us (given that salvia isn't officially classified as a psychedelic.) I've never done it myself. I can't wait to try, actually.

the whole potency argument is very subjective. although DMT is the most similar drug ive done to salvia because of how fast its effects take hold and go away. no other drugs i know of can achieve full identity loss within seconds of ingesting it.

Guest countchocula

the whole potency argument is very subjective. although DMT is the most similar drug ive done to salvia because of how fast its effects take hold and go away. no other drugs i know of can achieve full identity loss within seconds of ingesting it.

Did you talk to god? or satan? or jesus? or baby jesus? or your inner self?

Did you talk to god? or satan? or jesus? or baby jesus? or your inner self?

here is my description from an old watmm thread from 2006

you will see aliens/god or a combination of the two, but in the process you will become "the thing that bursts" . This phrase is the best way to describe what you become on DMT.

You also asked what it was like.... Ive posted this before but Watmm's old shit is gone, so here is a new description

when i blew out my third hit of DMT i put on a blind fold, laid back on my bed and threw on headphones playing Tetsu Inoue - Elevator Drops (im uploading this song right now so some of you can live vicariously through my experience :wink2: ).

immediatly a full color kalidiscope of color fractals and beautiful geometries enveloped my vision. It was typical heavy acid visuals, but then something happened. The fractals became a texture around a fully 3d spinning vortex that sucked me in. It was a very violent but also pleasant feeling. The fractals and 3d polygons beame so complex that it seemed at least twice the resolution of normal reality (normal reality - 640x480, dmt reality - 1280x1024). At this time i had no chance to say goodbye to my ego or physical self, before i knew it i did not exsist. I had fleeting thoughts of my past life experiernces, my girlfriend at the time, my family, the things ill miss in life, and then poof. I was no longer myself or in any reality that resembled anything i have ever seen before.

Now you'd think this would be terrifying, but for some reason it felt very natural and i was extremely content. Probably more content than any other single moment in my life. At this point i was what i described above as "the thing that bursts". I couldnt think in english or form thoughts that complex at the time, but looking back on it thats how i described it. So as im bursting in this network of trillions of other "entities" bursting, at the time i understood that all these other bursts were coming from every other living creature in the universe. I was encountered by a gigantic towering beuatiful stained glass window robot fractal god, but it had no distinct shape, it was constantly morphing and shimmering with fractals (terrence mckenna describes them as the "self transforming machine elves). 2 others joined this large creature in a sort of a cheer. They seemed extremely excited that i was here, and at the same time expressed unconditional love to me, as if i was a small infant child or a cute puppy dog. The encounter was overwhelming, when i think back on it sometimes i get teary eyed. The entities were mentally transferring information to me, things like "we have always been here, and we will be here forever, you dont have to be afraid, we are here for you". The general jist of the information they gave to me was basically that these entities were the true nature of the universe, and that me bursting is my natural state... as well as all mythologies, all creativity, all language, and all thoughts have orginated from this domain forever in time/space or whatever the hell it is/was. It wasnt exactly a religious experience, but previous to DMT i was a strict athiest, now im more of a who-the-fuck-knows-whats-out-there-iest.

I want some DMT for when im on my deathbed. I cant think of a better way to end my exsistence here on this planet.

this hasnt really been my experience. ive only done shrooms a few times (and have no plans to do them again anytime soon) but i learned things about myself and others while tripping that still resonate with me to this day. i heard about a study once (at least i think it was a study) that involved giving terminal cancer patients psilocybin to help them come to terms with their inevitable deaths. think of it what you will, but in my mind theres something to that..

Guest hahathhat

I agree more with that. Though I speak pretty glowingly about a lot of this stuff, whenever I take it, there's always an undercurrent of fear. I hope to never lose that, as it makes me respect the drugs and not do them on a whim. Maybe the fear is part of why I, and others do it -- tempting fate, hurling your mind into a churning ocean where you have no choice but to surf or sink, and later saying -- I surfed it. That's only when it goes bad, however, and most of the time it doesn't. Just treat the situation with proper respect.

Honestly, I really feel tripping -- and often life in general -- is like flying a plane. The term "Psychonaut" didn't come out of space. You have to keep your focus on where you want to go, because that's where you will go. Don't look at the wall... and some people make better pilots than others. Preparation helps. Don't fly when sick or tired -- you'll fly better when you're well-rested and in good spirits. And, when everything falls into line... it's a fucking fantastic ride. However, if you fuck it up bad, even a parachute won't save you... but that's very unlikely, if you take proper precautions.

I should note - when I spoke of getting "stuck" I don't really consider that a disaster when tripping. I get it on the edge of sleep, during fevers... it's something that i consider part of the landscape of everyday life, which makes itself more prevalent when tripping.

60x, uncontrollable laughing, switching between every single accent possible, acting like I'm in a sitcom, seinfeld like shit, serious, never stopped talking, compared every room to the organelles in a cell, breakdanced like a badass...I got the most different reaction than anyone ever has talked about, and from that point on, I've done nothing at all, because all my psychedelic needs were fulfilled during that, seriously. Now I'm so easily able to solve problems and think with super fast logic, basically I got high permanantly at that point and its been 9 months now and I have kicked ass at every single task I take. I don't know how to describe it, its like it just unleashed all the potential inside me...

good/bad news for ya! Salvia is a proven way to get rid of a heroin addiction.

Uh, sources please? Just because a chemical appears to have activity at opioid receptors does not make it a way to get rid of heroin addiction. This is how stupid drug rumors get started.

Haven't smoked for a while, but last night/this morning smoked about 5 times, not a very potent extract, but was enough to provide the interesting experience.

I like challenging my brain with dissociatives and hallucinogenics, exerting a control over the drug and the state you're in is a wonderful test of your mental health. It's not so much about learning lessons, as learning limits, expanding those limits, pushing past them and then being able to bring yourself back. The people I was smoking with this morning were amazed at how much control I was able to exert over my body while under the influence. But like everything, it's all about practise. There are always those time though, when it gets too much...

The good thing about salvia is that the effect has such a short duration. Someone said earlier in the thread about LSD being a young person's drug, I pretty much agree with that. I don't have the patience for that anymore. I did have many many many enjoyable experiences on LSD though, and mushrooms too.

Until i experienced a full ego shattering i had no idea that yes these drugs could actually drive one insane.

Ive been there before, with ketamine. Or as I now call it, regretamine. Unpleasant isn't the word.

Archived