IGNORED

salvia divinorum

Guest 776

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i have no urge what so ever to do this shit.

heroin is way cooler.

Personally, I don't think it's shit, but you need to get off your high horse.

:teeth:   I kill myself.  No offense intended, I just couldn't let it lie.  Serious props if you can control yourself with that stuff, it kinda scares me.  By the way, kaini, I'm visiting you for tea.

I've only ever smoked salvia three times, but I liked that it didn't stay with me for a week the way pot does, and the results were infinitely more interesting.

My favorite was the shadows looking like an optical illusion.  Like this one:

http://plancksconstant.org/blog1/images/su...es-rotating.png

Only with dark orange and yellow over the shadow.  Oh, and watching a "Yellow Submarine"-esque cartoon.  That was fun.  The biggest drawback was the potential mood-swings, since it affects how quickly you are affected emotionally by something minor, like a friend just saying, "Oh, come on, dude, shut up!"  I do recall feeling put out when something small like that came up in conversation.  I also remember trying to keep a blank mind during the time in order to keep myself under the least amount of mental duress possible.

Other than that, I know some variety stores sell extracts, and I am curious about those.  

Does anybody know the pros vs. cons of extract to dry leaf?

hey awepittance, just because you read erowid on a daily doesnt make you albert hoffman

'Susie Essman i hear your a vegetarian, Hey! Even though your a vegetarian, your still full of bologna in my book, I...'

-Norm Macdonald

Fucking lol, Norm Macdonald's set on that roast was the funniest thing I've seen in a very long time.

I was sitting on the couch with a friend who was blankly staring at the television set but I was laughing uncontrollably.

Bob Saget has a lot of well wishers tonight, and a lot of them want to throw you down one.

A well.

They want to murder you in a well.

Seems a little harsh, but apparently they want to murder you in a well. It says here on this card.

hey awepittance, just because you read erowid on a daily doesnt make you albert hoffman

'Susie Essman i hear your a vegetarian, Hey! Even though your a vegetarian, your still full of bologna in my book, I...'

-Norm Macdonald

Fucking lol, Norm Macdonald's set on that roast was the funniest thing I've seen in a very long time.

I was sitting on the couch with a friend who was blankly staring at the television set but I was laughing uncontrollably.

Bob Saget has a lot of well wishers tonight, and a lot of them want to throw you down one.

A well.

They want to murder you in a well.

Seems a little harsh, but apparently they want to murder you in a well. It says here on this card.

norm macdonald is my hero

• 5 months later...
Guest melotronic
Until i experienced a full ego shattering i had no idea that yes these drugs could actually drive one insane.

Ive been there before, with ketamine. Or as I now call it, regretamine. Unpleasant isn't the word.

fuck man, i went there too. so much more than a k-hole, just wall-to-wall, terrifying id loss... i'd mixed my drugs all day like a bitch, sniffed up half a g in one line, immediately forgot id taken it and spent the next couple of hours tripping my nut off, weeping, convinced i was a retard with hideous metre-long veiny fingers. among MANY other scary hallucinations etc. that certainly is gonna stay with me for a long time... intense is far too soft a word to describe it. :omg:

Salvia is the most intense drug I've ever taken, and probably the shortest duration thank fuck. I totally freaked out when I had some but it seems completely different for everyone, even with the same stuff.

I tried Ketamine a couple of times and enjoyed it but I had very small amounts. Last time I took it at a friends house I got lost on the way home despite knowing the route exactly so I've not bothered since.

This is awesome:

if i was sober and i saw 500 log cabins in a darkened sound stage lined up on an infinitely long strip of astro turf and a duplicate of my old roommate tony flamer coming out of each doorway in sequential order i would probably know i was hallucinating. While on salvia the same experience would be me deducing my entire reality to a series of log cabins

and so is this:

when i blew out my third hit of DMT i put on a blind fold, laid back on my bed and threw on headphones playing Tetsu Inoue - Elevator Drops (im uploading this song right now so some of you can live vicariously through my experience :wink2: ).

immediatly a full color kalidiscope of color fractals and beautiful geometries enveloped my vision. It was typical heavy acid visuals, but then something happened. The fractals became a texture around a fully 3d spinning vortex that sucked me in. It was a very violent but also pleasant feeling. The fractals and 3d polygons beame so complex that it seemed at least twice the resolution of normal reality (normal reality - 640x480, dmt reality - 1280x1024). At this time i had no chance to say goodbye to my ego or physical self, before i knew it i did not exsist. I had fleeting thoughts of my past life experiernces, my girlfriend at the time, my family, the things ill miss in life, and then poof. I was no longer myself or in any reality that resembled anything i have ever seen before.

Now you'd think this would be terrifying, but for some reason it felt very natural and i was extremely content. Probably more content than any other single moment in my life. At this point i was what i described above as "the thing that bursts". I couldnt think in english or form thoughts that complex at the time, but looking back on it thats how i described it. So as im bursting in this network of trillions of other "entities" bursting, at the time i understood that all these other bursts were coming from every other living creature in the universe. I was encountered by a gigantic towering beuatiful stained glass window robot fractal god, but it had no distinct shape, it was constantly morphing and shimmering with fractals (terrence mckenna describes them as the "self transforming machine elves). 2 others joined this large creature in a sort of a cheer. They seemed extremely excited that i was here, and at the same time expressed unconditional love to me, as if i was a small infant child or a cute puppy dog. The encounter was overwhelming, when i think back on it sometimes i get teary eyed. The entities were mentally transferring information to me, things like "we have always been here, and we will be here forever, you dont have to be afraid, we are here for you". The general jist of the information they gave to me was basically that these entities were the true nature of the universe, and that me bursting is my natural state... as well as all mythologies, all creativity, all language, and all thoughts have orginated from this domain forever in time/space or whatever the hell it is/was. It wasnt exactly a religious experience, but previous to DMT i was a strict athiest, now im more of a who-the-fuck-knows-whats-out-there-iest.

So I await your 'return' with baited breath !

Guest hahathhat

i was put off on DXM for a while,

gives me terrible nausea and diarrhea,

guy i knew got addicted to it and shot himself in the face,

but i realized not eating anything for a few hours helps,

and i'm pretty sure i'm not gonna shoot myself in the face.

im about to attempt a Salvinorin A crystal extraction , i will post the results afterwards

just curious, why? is 60x salvia not strong enough for these kids anymore?

well anything above 10x is bullshit first of all, anyone claiming they sell a 20x or higher is not to be trusted and is probably selling something more like 10x.

also i am doing this with the intention of taking it sublingually not for smoking, when taken under the tongue the salvia experience is much more relaxed and the duration can last an hour.

edit: Ketamine is my favorite psychedelic, least negative side effects for the most hallucinations from my own experiences with it. doing it in dark room or with blind fold is absolutely essential for a hallucinatory expeirence

So I await your 'return' with baited breath !

wait so you want me to psychedelically ramble more? i would be happy to. smoking salvia while on 3 hits of lsd was quite a fun experience. not to mention one of my favorite combos tryptamines with dissociatives ala DXM/lsd, ketamine/dipropyl tryptamine :-)

And when it all goes wrong it's very scary. My brain's really not cut out for heavy psychedelic use. A lot of self-proclaimed seekers "psychonauts" or whatever just strike me as very naive.

I remember you not doing too well at a Glade one year on acid I think...

I don't really see the point of Salvia it's not fun in a traditional sense and it's nor long enough to be really interesting. Also kind of leaves me feeling a bit sketch for hours after.

I don't really see the point of Salvia it's not fun in a traditional sense and it's nor long enough to be really interesting.

i think its extremely useful for bursts of creativity perhaps more useful in this regard than any other drug ive done.

when i say 'useful' i dont mean something that you can actually use in real life but it kicks the imagination into overrdrive and not in a real-life LSD ish sort of way but more in a 'holy shit this entire fantasy world just came into being in my own brain in 5 minutes'

and sure its not very long, but i think it is one of the most interesting drugs known to man. i think scientists can learn quite a bit about the brain if salvia effects were studied more frequently.

its also one of the most immediate ego destroying chemicals ive tried. the harshness of the depersonalization that salvia induces is really striking even compared to something like DMT.

even very small doses of salvia can cause enough ego dissolving for one to be very confused

wait so you want me to psychedelically ramble more? i would be happy to.

Yeah man definitely, they're a fascinating read. Mostly when you read psychedelic trips by the bulk of the people on the net they're usually just "LOLLZORS trippy fuqued up times man", so it's good to read experiences by someone who's actually literate :happy:

did you see my alien toy store salvia rant a while back? if not ill try to find it. also wrote a lot about a dramamine vs LSD accident on watmm. im not feeling literate at the moment to write new ones heh

edit: mcbpete

one of my worst trips ever started out like this -

I got a sugar cube of a "1-hit" acid and took it with all of my friends who i sold my own liquid dissolved acid to. I decided to try some unknown external batch just to see if it felt any different from the stuff i had (to see if the rumors about different types of acid were true, which later i found out is a bald faced lie).

The supposed 1 hit i took started to feel more like 4-5 hits. I was not in the mood to be tripping so hard so i decided to look for some sedatives to bring me down.

I found a tube of dramamine in my house, and along with a friend we decided to take 6-7 dramamine each to knock us the fuck out so we could just fall asleep and stop tripping.... thats when the nightmare started. Somehow id forgotten or just not given a shit that high doses of dramamine by themselves cause extremely realistic hallucinations (visual delusions).

At first i felt kind of relaxed and the acid was indeed wearing off. Then out of the blue when i thought the trip was over, i saw a fully realistic non-generic lookign hallucination of a neon frog fingerpainting on the wall. The paint looked still wet and was dripping bright green down the wall. I told my friend "what the fuck a painting of a frog just appeared on the wall". and he responded with "i know". And at this point i was absolutely sure it wasnt a hallucination. I went up to touch the painting to see if it was real, since it was still moist looking. When i tried this the painting turned into a more complex drawing that starting circling on the wall.

I got kind of freaked out at this point because i felt physically near sober but i was seeing this mundane but very realistic visual.

My friend then proceeded to draw a picture of exactly what i saw without me explaining to him what i was seeing.

We kind of got into a hippy fag discussion about why we were seeing the same visual and how it made sense in some sort of wierd hippy-shit way.

Anyways at this point i thought it was all kind of neat until i looked over at my other friend and his face become the head of a sphinx and the rest of my kitchen dissolved into a fully realistic looking scene of an egyptian dessert. Every time this would happen i would be unable to form thoughts in english and i felt like i was morphing into some kind of alien but simotaneously being unable to keep my eyes open due to the sedative effects of dramamine.. This when the panic started to snowball. I was trying to explain to my friends what was happening to me but i couldnt even form whole sentences that made sense.

they decided to take me outside for a breath of fresh air, bad idea... the entire sky was bright purple and in it were two distincitly different planet/moons. I went back inside to try and readjust to my surroundings, went into the bathroom and proceed to take a piss. I never thought i would see the infamous D.A.R.E hallucinations, but at this point i saw trails of ants crawling over every inch of the wall, my sink filled with tiny tiny spindly spiders, and water dripping from the floor up to the cieling (like that stupid part in ring 2). I tried to calm myself down by concinving myself i was just experiencing classic ego loss. I tried closing my eyes to enjoy it, maybe taking the trip in a more positive direction. When i closed my eyes completely, the room i was just seeing literally reappeared behind my closed eyelids in full color detail as if i hadnt closed my eyes at all. My friends were walking around, talking, and doing mundane things but it was an entirely fictional scene created by my brain. I started getting confused as to which reality was the real one at this point. I ran into my room and tried using the internet to ground myself. At this point i had a screen capture of the Garbage Pail Kids movie as my background graphic. Here is a pic of the movie to give you an idea of what i saw

I started to relax a little bit and put out of my mind the terror i was experiencing, but before my eyes the characters in this screen capture all turned their heads and started looking directly at me, and i ll never forget the horror when one of them actually crawled out of the screen and walked across my keyboard. When it touched my hand i jolted back in disgust and shock in the same way a person would if a large insect just crawled on them. The other characters followed him out of the screen proceeded to follow me. At this point i lost it. Id always wanted to have realistic hallucinations, but now that i was actually having them it was completely unbearable.

My friends had to talk me down for over an hour, and eventually i fell asleep from the dramamine.

so as a warning dont ever do this drug combo

and for the thread an old salvia trip i had

the last time i did a full level 5 10x experience was in a pitch black room by myself (bad idea but luckily i just stayed on my bed). I do not remember blowing out the hit, and immediately became one patch on a patchwork quilt made out of the most random but real utilitarian earthbound objects. Cars, palm-trees, fridges, boulders, soda can pyramids, trampolines, snowmen were all stitched together, but the stitching itself was made out of tinier objects like cans of cayenne pepper, salt shakers, and pencils twined together like thread. when i tried to move myself the entire quilt kind of moved to like i was stuck on it and the stitching attatched to me was attatched to everything else as well. It was one of the most detailed realistic looking visuals i've had on a psychedelic. DMT's visuals were more vivid, but they were not based in reality, and these salvia visuals definitely were.

Archived