IGNORED

REASON 4 THREAD

YEK

It's nice to have the option. Why would I want it to do a thousand other things? I like things simple most of the time. I will give it a try next time see how it pans out.

Edit: I've tried putting stuff through thor before and I thought it sounded pretty bad.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

i work almost exclusively with reason 3, but i'm looking into other options.

i have a particular setup that i need to work in a particular way, but i don't know quite how to do it with my hardware. here goes:

i have:

pc running reason, with audio going straight to PA

small mixer with guitar/bass/trumpet/mic tracks going to:

lexicon jamman looper which then goes to the PA

i need my looper to sync with reason, but i am a total noob so i don't know how to make that happen. the looper has midi in/out and i know it can receive a signal from a drum machine/sequencer, but can will it be able to work correctly with reason?

i work almost exclusively with reason 3, but i'm looking into other options.

i have a particular setup that i need to work in a particular way, but i don't know quite how to do it with my hardware. here goes:

i have:

pc running reason, with audio going straight to PA

small mixer with guitar/bass/trumpet/mic tracks going to:

lexicon jamman looper which then goes to the PA

i need my looper to sync with reason, but i am a total noob so i don't know how to make that happen. the looper has midi in/out and i know it can receive a signal from a drum machine/sequencer, but can will it be able to work correctly with reason?

most definitely. You will need a midi cable that can go from your looper to your computer (either through the usb port or a midi port on your soundcard). And you should be able to setup reason to send a midi signal to it. You could also have reason sync to the looper if thats how you wanted to play.

i bought one of these for my alesis ion for that exact reason, works great.

http://www.amazon.com/E-MU-Xmidi-1X1-MIDI-...8081&sr=8-1

I just bought it with my creditcard for 500 quits. luke vibert uses exclusively reason! the twin gave it to him. hard fact! that to know gives so much inspiration.

http://www.propellerheads.se/substance/art...cle=luke-vibert

gonna spin loaaads of aciiiiiiiid out of on my tesco pc tonight! regroove for real.

Read the Rules

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

pretty sure I saw some major loads of epic rexzors in my front pocket you might want fiddle around down there.

lol but seriously, making your own rex'ez is the way to go, download recycle, download samples from freesound.org or whatever, convert youtube video's to mp3 then convert to wav, put in recycle chop em up and get creative, its much more rewarding when you cut up your own pork chops and make bacon.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

What the fuck does dither mean?

basically, dither is low level noise added to your audio which takes care of the audible distortion when converting from 24 bit audio to 16 bit audio.

Dither For Dumbies 10.1

hi there. i just found this thread and wanted to tell about my ReFill i'm releasing in a few months.

its a performanced based DSP ReFill for mangling audio in a live context. various glitch effects, beat repeat effects, granular and jitter effects, generators, combis for mashing up rex loops live, and just generally cool things designed to take reason to the stage or for quick and easy edits in the studio.

i have a youtube channel where i generally sit and make crazy patches in reason and show people how some of these patches were made. please take a look and subscribe if you like. content is added all the time.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrNedRush

thanks. looking forward to seeing you on youtube.

Archived