IGNORED

can richard play teh drumz?

J3FF3R00

He clearly knows his shit about theory but any skills he may have in terms of playing an "actual" instrument are a mystery. It's not too hard to believe. I can program complex rhythms but I can't play an actual drum set worth shit.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest efex skin
i always thought produces that make crazy fast complex beats must be drummers, because im a drummer, and i couldnt imagine a non-drummer sequenceing beats

untrue.

Guest Barricade
i always thought produces that make crazy fast complex beats must be drummers, because im a drummer, and i couldnt imagine a non-drummer sequenceing beats

untrue.

burial.

Guest AOOproductions
perhaps he's hit a few things

Ya, like me all night long in his bed. I creamed all over his GX-1, and then he made me lap it up. BAD BOY!!!!!

Guest Calx Sherbet

untrue.

burial.

richard

you have to play the gx-1 manually. No midi. So he probably played that. Aphex's melodies are really simple. He is just brilliant at hearing what works. Ive taught myself a lot of aphex melodies on the guitar and they are really really simple. Dunna if that means anything

you have to play the gx-1 manually. No midi. So he probably played that. Aphex's melodies are really simple. He is just brilliant at hearing what works. Ive taught myself a lot of aphex melodies on the guitar and they are really really simple. Dunna if that means anything

no MIDI but you can certainly sequence and trigger the GX1. it is not played live by aphex for the most part.

I'd still be surprised if he couldn't play anything

if he's really been in music for over 25 years, he must have learned some type of instrument.

He's learned all kinds of instruments: sequencer, sampler, synthesis, drum machine...

Hey ChenGOD, which artist did make your avatar ?

Guest the televisor

untrue.

i know.. i just thought that before i started producing when i first heard aphex twin and 'electronic music'

Guest hahathhat

the man does electronic music - i wager he can get an idea down with mpc drum pads if he wanted to, even if he couldn't play the track live. he mentioned writing a lot of his melodies on a keyboard, just mashing the keyboard in the pattern he wants, then moving the notes where they should be over the next hour or so.

in short, he's not a performance artist, and from what i can tell of his style he does what he needs to get what he wants, and get it quickly. so, he can probably play a good number of instruments enough to aid in sequencing, get some sampled loops, but he's not going to drop some mad chopin on a steinway at symphony hall.

bigmac.jpg

im hungry and that looks gooood

Guest mrcopyandpaste

if he's really been in music for over 25 years, he must have learned some type of instrument.

He's learned all kinds of instruments: sequencer, sampler, synthesis, drum machine...

William Blake.

Have I missed out on a joke here?

William Blake.

Have I missed out on a joke here?

No, at all, I just liked it. (Yes I could have sent a PM but I didn't)

Archived