IGNORED

Cheap headphones: What should I get?

springymajig

Less than $100 (New Zealand, which is about $60 US at the moment).

Don't have to give specific model numbers... brand names/technical jargon to look out for would be greatly appreciated.

I know I won't get the best sound in the world with that kinda budget so that's not what I'm after, just something decent.

Guest welcome to the machine
$60?!?!?! Ouch thats gonna be hard...

I recommend you check out this, these guys are usually spot on!

http://www.headphone.com/guide/by-budget/40-80/

they say definitely the grado 60s for under 100$ range

ive heard good things about these

I have the grado sr60's and they do indeed sound awesome, so much better then almost everything else in there price range, but they are not so good for making/mixing music, more for listening.

I looked up the pair I was using in the last coupla years (which I got given to me as a present, unfortunately I broke the head band thingy). They are in my price bracket... and they were sweet as for what I want so I'm sure I'll be ok with some of the suggestions made here.

I will eventually save up for proper ones for making music but my current job is only temporary so I'd rather get something cheap for now.

Archived