IGNORED

does anyone like the idea of

pcock

loads of us putting together a track? im sure this has been suggested, tried, maybe even accomplished before, but just thinking about joshiers plans to bring some ylc music out of obscurity got me thinking, this would probably be fun.

pick a set BPM, pick a few set key signatures which would turn into fairly standard yet pleasing modulations, and all just write a bit of music for it.

then someone with sequencing skill could glue all these parts together in a fascinating fashion?

anyone?

(please dont rip me too much)

It'd work really well if one person made the backing track, maybe a drum line, or a bass line, but the thing is we'd have to pick the best person to do that, or else the rest of the track would fall flat...

Otherwise we might as well just get a bunch of people to make a different song at the same BPM and then just put them together in DJ fashion...

yeah this seems like a logistical nightmare, given watmms past history at collaborative efforts.

we should do something more like xlt vibes, i reckon, just have a theme and everyone submit finished tracks

although that bares little to no relation to the original concept

Guest plangplang

maybe just share midi clips? something like, some people post drum clips for example, and some other or the same people tweak some sounds, there'd be various versions of various beats which could be mixed, and then some voting takes place and the chosen beat(s) are the basis for other stuff and so on?

so say, someone comes up with a fantastic melody and three people jump on it and tweak their synths to it, these three sounds could be layered etc etc...

Guest joshier

If we all just used one host it would work, otherwise there's too much complications.

Either that or we just slap in the flattened mp3 and then build upon it but that wouldn't be as interesting.

If we could all agree on say, ableton live 6 it could easily work. We can only use in-host effects and synths though - but that would be a good thing.. we would all learn how to better use the lightweight effects and so on.

Tell you what plangplang, messiaen if I start it, I'll upload it and then one of you two can start.. by then when you upload it, another person will want to join in..

It's all about the crowds and numbers.

we need to quickly agree on a genre (e.g. minimal, techno, whatever) because I'd like this to have a learning element to it.

Archived