IGNORED

Watchmen Motion Comics||||||||

Atop

Was wondering if anyone knew when the last four are coming out?

Have done searches to no avail....

the eight that are released are a very cool way to put the story out there and not leave much out....

the voice over kind of sucks.....

but the story makes up for where the voice over lacks....

Actually... that's kind of impressive. It looks like they did a good job. I'd watch these, though I don't feel like paying the $20

I'm gonna search around and see if I can find them anywhere. Sucks that they would release this in parts.

The hype has already started, they did a story about it on Entertainment Tonight.

Part of me kind of wishes Alan Moore was supportive of the film so that you could have an Entertainment tonight feature on what sorcerer's jewelery and robes he will be wearing on the red carpet at the premiere.

75604-42606-alan-moore_large.jpg

Also, this the book you need to be reading:

babies1.jpg

alan moores a figure everyones always cumming over and i really want to understand it.

i guess that would require reading some of his stuff... ive had the v for vendetta graphic novel for 10+ years and still havent read it. not sure why....

alan moores a figure everyones always cumming over and i really want to understand it.

i guess that would require reading some of his stuff... ive had the v for vendetta graphic novel for 10+ years and still havent read it. not sure why....

About 8 or 9 years ago my friend lent me Watchmen and told me to read it. I had the book for about 9 months and he kept asking if I'd read it. I don't respond well to being nagged about things and this was making me not want to read it. Eventually I decided to give it a go just to shut him up. I wasn't far into it before I realized, "Holy Shit, so this is what you can do with the medium of comics!" As a teenager I had been heavily into superhero comics but eventually grew out of it. This opened me up to a whole different idea of comics, that they could be equally (or more) sophisticated than any high art or literature.

So yeah, give it a go.

For those interested, here's a documentary called "The Mindscpe of Alan Moore."

It's broken into 8 parts for Youtube:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7

Part 8

The audio is out of sync with the video on some (possibly all) of them, which is a shame. Listening to him speaking is the main thing though I suppose...

thanks! ill certainly be checking that out. i learned a little trick in dealing with out of synch youtube videos. just open a video up in one screen with the audio off, and another with the audio on. play both and watch the other screen until the audio synchs up with the visuals of the other one. i culd have explained that better but you get the idea...

I guess you didn't know that Moore is a snake-worshipping wizard Z_B_Z?

Well now you do....

'V for Vendetta' is amazing!

'Watchmen' is almost as amazing!

'From Hell' is one the greatest pieces of literature written by man!

'The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen' Volumes 1 and 2 are great....

fuck all of he films based on his work, with the exception of 'Watchmen', which I haven't seen and 'V for Vendetta', which got the message across but is nowhere near as good as the book...

'Promethea' is..........................................................

..one day you should read it. It is Moore's comic solely about Hermetic magic(k).....and the art is incredible! My favorite work by him...

besides watchmen my other favorite Alan Moore comics or graphic novels are Miracleman

the Supreme and Swamp Thing

i love the motion comics for Watchmen, unfortunately i think its going to be the closest and most fulfilling thing to a movie version of the watchmen comic we will know, without the squid i would rather fuck a 2-year old kid

• 4 weeks later...

Archived